Confused - double ovulation?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 07-31-2012, 02:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Wondering if anyone has a similar story.   I am a 43 year old woman that just started doing acupuncture and taking Chinese herbs this month for fertility.

I ovulated on July 4th - (have been taking my temp and did an OPK).     On day 8 (July 12) I double over with a very sharp pain on my left ovary area.   I thought - maybe this is implantation??

Took a pregnancy test on July 15 and found out we were pregnant.

July 17 - went to Doc, HCG 107, Prog 26

July 19 - HCG 195

July 23 - HCG 257, Progesterone 8

July 25 - HCG 346 - so at this point, Doc is saying I will prob miscarry.

July 27 - HCG 672 - started taking progesterone supplements, but doc still saying I will miscarry

July 30 - HCG 2328!!!!

July 31 - doc did another ultrasound and found a sac in the uterus but no fetal pole or anything yet.

Is it possible that what I felt on July 12th wasn't implantation but a second ovulation??   I know it is EXTREMELY rare, but my body responds very well to medicine and the acupuncture.    On the 12th - I also had acupuncture because we didn't know we were pregnant yet and had sex with my hubby!

Could it be that the first pregnancy was just a chemical pregnancy or something that didn't take and the second egg are the numbers that we are seeing now??

Thoughts??

#2 of 5 Old 07-31-2012, 03:03 PM

Hi - I hope this pregnancy goes well for you.

It's possible the pain you felt on the 12th was from a cyst.  Very common after O.  
I've never heard of pain with implantation.

Your HCG numbers are climbing and that's good.  I don't think your number on the 30th was so very high.  My HCG 21 DPO was 6,000 and there is just one baby.

Best of Luck on a sticky bean.

Me & DH, DS 12/07superhero.gif, DD 10/12 luxlove.gif  and puppy love dog2.gif.
#3 of 5 Old 08-01-2012, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for replying.    I wasn't thinking it was twins - was just wondering if the first egg died and now the numbers which are more than doubling are the second egg.

I guess I was just looking for a reason not to be worried that I would miscarry again.  :)

Praying for a sticky bean!!

#4 of 5 Old 08-01-2012, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Double ovulation usually happens within a day, the progestrone released after O takes effect pretty quick preventing more O's. I had implantation pain 6 dpo when my second son was conceived, I remember doubling over in the grocery, pretending I was looking at diced tomatoes on the bottom shelf so as not to draw attention.

#5 of 5 Old 08-01-2012, 07:52 AM

Congrats on your pregnancy! I just wanted to chime in and say that I've had implantation pain every time i've been pregnant, and this time even a little spotting. It is usually 5-7 dpo for me. I think HCG is different for everyone.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page