I don't remember braxton hicks being painful...am I just blocking the memory? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-05-2012, 10:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So I just hit the 6 month mark and have been having occasional intense and very painful uterine cramps. Now I don't have them often, usually a couple a day while I'm out and about.  It's enough to send me to the bathroom to be ill or have a bowel movement. Usually right before and after for the rest of day I have a ton of pressure, it's enough to keep me up at night.  I had one yesterday and hours later at bedtime hubby was suprised how hard my uterus was.  I haven't told my midwives b/c I figured that since there's no pattern, bleeding etc there's not much to be done.  Am I way off, or is this an indication of what I have to look forward to for the next 3 months?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2012, 10:33 PM

boy i sure dont remember mine EVERY being painful, though i knew some women said they were slightly, if they hurt that bad, please tell your midwives right away, let them tell you its nothing, thats what you have them for.

partners.gif 2twins.gif  So what if I don't fit cleanly into a defined parenting style, my kids don't fit into a personality archetype either!

Old 08-06-2012, 01:39 AM

I seem to be right there with you!
For me it tends to happen after I have held my bladder for a long time or I haven't had enough water or rest.
I will definately be chatting to my midwife about it, just to double check that I'm doing all the right things, and that baby is still doing well smile.gif

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

Old 08-10-2012, 02:46 AM

Definitely drink lots and lots of water and try to rest.  My sister had painful Braxton Hicks contractions and they went away with water and rest.  Mine have not been painful but I notice I have them more if I need more water.  Definitely talk to your m/w or ob though!

(I remember you from TTC#2 thread, faithsstuff!)

Me (30), DH (33), DS1 (5), DS2 (2), and surprise DS3 due January 2015!
Will always remember our angel babies - Jan 2008 and Nov 2011
Old 08-10-2012, 04:38 AM

They can get more painful in subsequent pregnancies and they can also feel very different from one baby to the next , but as long as they don´t turn into what seems like " real labor " I wouldn´t worry . 

Maybe ypour body is simply telling you to take it easy a bit more often 

vbac.gifafter 3 cs fambedsingle1.gifbfinfant.gifHappily single Momteapot2.GIFknit.gif

User Tag List