Ankles and feet hurting so badly - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-09-2012, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Has anyone dealt with this so early- Im just now 14 weeks. I'm carrying twins, but my total weight gain so far has only been about 3 lbs, so this isnt an issue of "oh, its hard on your body to carry the extra weight." it seems like every time Im on my feet for longer than about an hour my ankles and feet just hurt so bad that I need to sit down.

I have some vericose veins in the ankle area, but they pop up during every pregnancy and its never felt this way before.

I'm terrified that if it hurts this bad to be standing and walking now, what is it going to be like in 20 weeks!?!?!

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 5 Old 08-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

Bumping for input.

You might also try asking Jennifer Karon-Flores. She specializes in Women's Health. :)

#3 of 5 Old 08-22-2012, 09:05 AM

Hi Holly,  I am having the same issue this pregnancy as well.  I am 13 weeks along, and only gained a few pounds so far, am not a heavy person to start with either.  I have had varicose vein issues around my ankle every pregnancy, but not so early and not this bad.  It does help to put my feet up every time I sit, and drink extra water.  My midwife gave my a tincture, but I have not noticed any change yet.  I have an appointment with my regular family doctor next week to get them checked out.  I wish I had some input for you, but all I have is commiseration at this point. 

reading.gif

mom to dd-99, dd-01, dd-born still@40w 7/04, ds-05, dd-08, dd-10, dd-13

love and light

#4 of 5 Old 08-25-2012, 02:13 AM

Hi OP
Im 23 weeks and having the same difficulty!!
I have gotten some good advice of drinking parsley tea. One cup a day. That and keep off feet as much as possible!
I also found that going to the chiro and being adjusted helped SO MUCH!!!
Hth??

treehugger.gifHappy Vegetarian Gal and geek.gif Techie Man-   heartbeat.gifNewly Wed!!!heartbeat.gif  Expecting "Albi" Christmas 2012 diaper.gif

Looking forward to homebirth.jpgbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIF fuzmalesling.gif cd.gif

#5 of 5 Old 08-25-2012, 07:39 AM

When I was pregnant with DS, I had this issue as well (I was further along than you, but still...).  Have you considered accupuncture?  This is the only thing that helped deal with the pain I had in my feet/ankles and also with my vericose veins (which was important since I spend 80% of my workday on the computer).

I hope you find some relief (you too travelmumma).

N, wife to my goofball K partners.gif and mamma to my EC grad D (July 2010) and my new little love S (May 2013).  Exploring the uncharted territory of tandem nursing with my two boys.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page