What is this stuff??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-13-2012, 03:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am sort of freaking out.. Four times now during this pregnancy I've had gushes (a lot at a time) of this funky dark orangey/yellow/brown mucous. I will be doing whatever and feel a gush and go to the bathroom and pass all this.. stuff. The first time was 9 weeks, the second time 11, twice in one day. It just happened again and it was a lot! It just drained out of me and left a big spot of this brown/orange stuff in the bottom of the toilet. I'm so sorry if this is TMI. Any ideas what this could be? My cervix is closed and feels sealed. I had my 12 week appt. and there is a strong h/b. I've also been feeling the baby move and more today than any other day. This sounds a lot like what I've read about SCH, except I've never seen blood, just this orange mucousy fluid.

I am 13+2 today, fyi. 

Single Mama to five 6 and under!
#2 of 4 Old 08-13-2012, 08:33 PM

I would ask your Dr. or midwife, but it sounds to me that it may be part of you mucus plug that is coming out.  I guess this can be quite common in early pregnancy and your body will usually just make more of it.

Happy Wifey to DH tiphat.gifand loving Momma to DS1 superhero.gif 4yrs and DS2  babyboy.gif 6 months

#3 of 4 Old 08-13-2012, 10:17 PM

Are you sure it isn't from your bowel?  I assume so but thought I'd ask.  My other thought would be...are you on progesterone suppositories or monistat?  I hope there's a simple reason but you should still ask you healthcare provider.  <3

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

#4 of 4 Old 08-14-2012, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Cindy, no it's from  my vagina unfortunately. I watched it pour out yesterday and there was a lot more upon an internal check. No progesterone or monistat.

I saw my midwife today and no answers as to what it is, but the baby had a strong h/b of 148! I am 13+3 weeks and can feel my uterus almost to my belly button so I asked her about that. With my last baby my fundus wasn't above my pubic bone at 12 weeks. She said this baby could be bigger or it could be twins. She said if I consistently measure big she will more aggressively look for two later on, but it is too difficult now (I don't get ultrasounds). So, that is what is going on I guess! She gave me bioflavonoids to strengthen my blood vessels in case what is coming out is some sort of blood.

Thanks for the support and advice! orngbiggrin.gif

Single Mama to five 6 and under!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page