Mothering Forum banner

Sudden cramping and sickness

506 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  tinifry 
#1 ·
I'm hoping somebody else has had similar problems during pregnancy and will be able to help. I'm 16 weeks and I keep getting this horrible cramping with diarrhea and vomiting. It's happened twice now (at about 8 wks and 14 wks) but it was so horrible both times I'm terrified of it happening again. It starts out feeling like gas but then all of a sudden I start getting severe cramps with diarrhea and a few minutes later I start vomiting accompanied by really strong stomach pain. The whole thing lasts about 30 minutes. The first time I thought it was food poisoning. Now I'm wondering if it might be a food sensitivity of some sort.
I asked my doctor about it the other day and she seemed to think it's not a big concern since it resolves itself. Either way I'd like to prevent it from happening again. Today I had fast food and immediately started to have cramps after eating. They have subsided after walking home and going to the bathroom but I'm still feeling sore and a little crampy. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

Thanks,

-Athena

#2 ·
Yes and it was my galbladder. Where is the pain located?? In your upper abdominal area? Like your rib cage?

Try shredding a beat with 2 tbs of flaxseed oil and eat one teaspoon and hour. This usually works for me. I have also heard great thigns about cucumbers.

Though my attacks usually last longer. Like 2 to 6 hours. But at first I do remeber them being much shorter.

#3 ·
Thanks! I was looking at another forum and somebody else mentioned that they had similar symptoms to mine and they had galbladdar issues too. I'm definitely going to look into it now especially since all the attacks happened after I ate greasy/fried foods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.