Sudden cramping and sickness - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-14-2012, 07:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm hoping somebody else has had similar problems during pregnancy and will be able to help. I'm 16 weeks and I keep getting this horrible cramping with diarrhea and vomiting. It's happened twice now (at about 8 wks and 14 wks) but it was so horrible both times I'm terrified of it happening again. It starts out feeling like gas but then all of a sudden I start getting severe cramps with diarrhea and a few minutes later I start vomiting accompanied by really strong stomach pain. The whole thing lasts about 30 minutes. The first time I thought it was food poisoning. Now I'm wondering if it might be a food sensitivity of some sort.
I asked my doctor about it the other day and she seemed to think it's not a big concern since it resolves itself. Either way I'd like to prevent it from happening again. Today I had fast food and immediately started to have cramps after eating. They have subsided after walking home and going to the bathroom but I'm still feeling sore and a little crampy. Has anybody else experienced anything like this?

Thanks,

-Athena

Athena, mommy to Anastasia hearts.gif(1/18/09) and Genevieve luxlove.gif (1/22/13)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-14-2012, 09:02 PM

Yes and it was my galbladder. Where is the pain located?? In your upper abdominal area? Like your rib cage?

Try shredding a beat with 2 tbs of flaxseed oil and eat one teaspoon and hour. This usually works for me. I have also heard great thigns about cucumbers.

Though my attacks usually last longer. Like 2 to 6 hours. But at first I do remeber them being much shorter.

#3 of 3 Old 08-16-2012, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I was looking at another forum and somebody else mentioned that they had similar symptoms to mine and they had galbladdar issues too. I'm definitely going to look into it now especially since all the attacks happened after I ate greasy/fried foods.

Athena, mommy to Anastasia hearts.gif(1/18/09) and Genevieve luxlove.gif (1/22/13)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page