Safe wart removal methods during preg. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 08-15-2012, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just discovered that I have warts on my foot. They are not painful - and can wait for major treatment. Is there anything natural that can be done now?

Thanks.

#2 of 14 Old 08-18-2012, 08:53 PM

some people use duct tape over them until they go away. it would be safe to use the OTC wart treatments, although i guess that's not really natural.

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#3 of 14 Old 08-23-2012, 02:54 PM

Apple cider vinegar!  Just soak a piece of cotton (I just pull the end off of a q-tip) in some ACV, place it on the wart, put a band-aid over it and leave it on overnight.  Let it air out the next day a bit and repeat as needed.  The wart will begin to die from the inside (turning black) and eventually just fall off :)

mandib50 and TIFF4NY like this.

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband ... homeschooling mother to my four girls and now a rainbow1284.gif BOY!!! Forever remembering our loss (8/11) angel3.gif .

#4 of 14 Old 08-24-2012, 12:37 PM

I have removed 2 warts on DS1 using ACV and I'm in the process of removing a plantar wart on DS2 using this method.  I wish I had known about it years ago when I had a nasty plantar wart that took a lot of trips to the doctor before it went away.  The way I do it with my active DS where a bandaid won't hold for more than a few minutes on the bottom of his foot: The skin around the wart needs protecting from the ACV, so put some kind of oil (I use coconut oil because it's supposed to help with wart removal) around the area, then place a small piece of ACV soaked cotton ball over it and I secure it with either duct tape or athletic tape (if I have it on hand), place a sock over it during the night and let it air out during the day.  Each morning I try to scratch some of the dead skin/wart off.  I've done this irregularly with DS's plantar wart for about 4 weeks and it should be gone by the end of this week (about 5 weeks, where I forget about 2x/week to put it on before bed).

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#5 of 14 Old 08-29-2012, 08:00 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you. How long does it take approximately for the wart to go away?

#6 of 14 Old 11-07-2012, 09:13 PM

raw potato on it
 or for homeopathics Dulcomara, just add water flatten it on a cotton ball and place on wart.

Maria
stay at home mom to 2 girls 11/20/03,3/09/07 and 2 boys  2/28/05 and 11/16/10 and one on the way 1/13/12

#7 of 14 Old 11-08-2012, 06:42 AM

I used the doctor schol's wart remover patches when I was pregnant with my third. I had warts in the third trimester and didn't get them completely gone until after delivery. They are effective and I think they just use salyciliyc acid (however you spell that.) :)

Back before having kids, I thought I needed to get it taken care of at a dermatologist. That was just evil and torturous. I do not recommend. They freeze it and use a knife to cut on it! It hurt so bad and never worked. I ended up finding the dr. schol's stuff after that and that actually worked and doesn't hurt.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#8 of 14 Old 11-12-2012, 04:33 PM

I had a wart on my nipple once (?!) and didn't want to use chemicals on it - so I soaked it in apple cider vinegar as other pp's have suggested.  It came off after a few applications.  But I had to like, well, soak it in there for about an hour.  Just applying a cotton swab to it didn't do anything.  It's kind of funny now, but I literally soaked it in a cup of ACV while watching a show on Netflix and the next morning it had turned black and then it was gone.

Those little chemical things they sell at the drugstore work well too.  There's a little bottle of nail polish looking thing and little discs of more chemicals that you apply with a band aid on top.  They're less natural but if it was someplace less delicate I wouldn't really hesitate to use them - if the ACV didn't work.

#9 of 14 Old 11-12-2012, 07:11 PM

I just heard of someone using natural plant latex (in this case from underripe figs) to get rid of warts - just drip a bit of the white latex goo out of any plant that produces it onto the wart, let dry and leave it. 

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#10 of 14 Old 11-12-2012, 09:53 PM

There's a ton of natural treatments and OTC things you can try.

The main goal is to irritate the area so that the immune system gets a clue and attacks the wart, which is like a little germ fortress. :)  Duct tape does it, ACV does it, banana peel does it--that's why there are so many different remedies. You can use all kinds of things to achieve the same thing. 

I have use the OTC bandages on my son's wart. Worked great. Thought I'd try duct tape on mine, before I spent more money. Worked like a charm. Three days and the "root" came out when the tape came off.

#11 of 14 Old 11-13-2012, 11:26 AM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I have a wart on my finger that I need to do this to. I've also been trying to use ACV to get rid of an underarm skin tag, but after two nights' worth of application, I'm not seeing any change. :/

Andrea , child of God, wife of Tim , mama of L, B, J, J

I'm a Younique Presenter. Come check it out!!
Want to get paid daily and start earning as soon as 24 hours after sign up? Join my team!
#12 of 14 Old 11-13-2012, 12:50 PM

Does ACV even work on skin tags?  I have one that is just getting ridiculously large.  I got it during my pregnancy with DD five years ago and it never dropped off like they said it would.  And now this pregnancy it has grown and grown and grown.  Ick.  I tried putting the wart removal stuff on it but it didn't work... might ACV?

#13 of 14 Old 11-13-2012, 12:58 PM

The leaves on Jade plants can be used too. Just cut in half, cover wart with the inside-jelly part of the leaf and cover with a bandaid. Leave this on over night and repeat if needed.
#14 of 14 Old 11-15-2012, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

1. Raw potato: How long? You put it under your socks?

2. Duct tape? You leave the same piece on  for a few days? Does it really hurt when you remove?

3. Dulcomara: For how long?

Thanks for all the suggestions. I did the ACV for a bit, but didn't notice much. I should probably soak it inside, and not just apply a cotton

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page