9weeks with a large bleed in uterus? experiences? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-23-2012, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, Monday evening/afternon I had a considerable amount of gushing pink come out...
lots more details here:

I took a pg test last night and instantly got two lines.  So, got myself an emergency visit at a very laid back OB office- there are no birth centers here anymore :( - they did an ultrasound and found a large bleed on the one side of the uterus and a teeeny little beeny babe on the other.  They were pretty reassuring that while this is a significant bleed, it is on the opposite wall from babe, which is best-case scenario in something like this- but they were also very clear that things could go south. 

I am wondering if any of you have experienced a bleed like this and had a successful, normal birth of a healthy child? (Or do I need a realism smack and realize that things will be either over by my next appt in 2 wks or the baby will have serious issues?)

Kelly, mama to DD energy.gif : (3-30-06) and DS bouncy.gif 7/28/09) ....and gummi, due 3-30-13! (large sch....praying.gif)

#2 of 3 Old 08-23-2012, 02:14 PM

Oh honey, I'm so sorry this is happening to you! I had a similar thing happen at 7.5 weeks-- and I want to reassure you, the outcome has been good!

I woke up to lots of red blood, like I was starting my period. At the ER they found "blood around the baby" in the ultrasound, but baby was otherwise healthy with a stong heartbeat. Two weeks later I had a follow up ultrasound that showed no signs of the bleeding. The doc said it's known as a subchorionic hematoma, and they are relatively common in the first trimester, but usually resolve on their own with no further complications. I'm 13 weeks right now, and baby is doing fine!

I know what a scary thing it is, and I know it will be hard to relax, but I hope my story gives you some hope. smile.gif Hang in there!

Me + DH  partners.gif And E baby.gif makes three! 3.2.13 stillheart.gif

#3 of 3 Old 08-27-2012, 11:15 AM

Me too!  I am 7 weeks and in my 5th week I had a huge gush of blood on the toilet which tapered off quickly over a couple hours, and none since.

I have subsequently been diagnosed with a sch as well.  I had an u/s 2 days ago and there was my jellybean with a hb.  But the sch is big enough to look like an empty second sac.  I think this is quite large.  I am still waiting to hear the mw's opinion but I've yet to have more bleeding.  There is a sch forum on babycenter that is very active and you might receive more reassurance there. 

I am not lifting, on pelvic rest and taking it very easy with lots of resting.  I am also taking Arnica 30c every couple of days in the hopes it will help resolve the hematoma.  Hang in there Mama.  Statistically they tell me that there's a great chance of everything being OK.

Cindy, loving wife of 15 years
homeschooling mama to 4 wonderful girls, and 1 boy!  praying for #6, sch, due 4/14/2013!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page