Mothering Forum banner

9weeks with a large bleed in uterus? experiences?

697 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  at_the_hip 
#1 ·
So, Monday evening/afternon I had a considerable amount of gushing pink come out...
lots more details here:
http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1361278/after-nuvaring-issues-crazy-cycle-or-was-it-m-c-help

I took a pg test last night and instantly got two lines. So, got myself an emergency visit at a very laid back OB office- there are no birth centers here anymore :( - they did an ultrasound and found a large bleed on the one side of the uterus and a teeeny little beeny babe on the other. They were pretty reassuring that while this is a significant bleed, it is on the opposite wall from babe, which is best-case scenario in something like this- but they were also very clear that things could go south.

I am wondering if any of you have experienced a bleed like this and had a successful, normal birth of a healthy child? (Or do I need a realism smack and realize that things will be either over by my next appt in 2 wks or the baby will have serious issues?)

#2 ·
Oh honey, I'm so sorry this is happening to you! I had a similar thing happen at 7.5 weeks-- and I want to reassure you, the outcome has been good!

I woke up to lots of red blood, like I was starting my period. At the ER they found "blood around the baby" in the ultrasound, but baby was otherwise healthy with a stong heartbeat. Two weeks later I had a follow up ultrasound that showed no signs of the bleeding. The doc said it's known as a subchorionic hematoma, and they are relatively common in the first trimester, but usually resolve on their own with no further complications. I'm 13 weeks right now, and baby is doing fine!

I know what a scary thing it is, and I know it will be hard to relax, but I hope my story gives you some hope.
smile.gif
Hang in there!

#3 ·
Me too! I am 7 weeks and in my 5th week I had a huge gush of blood on the toilet which tapered off quickly over a couple hours, and none since.

I have subsequently been diagnosed with a sch as well. I had an u/s 2 days ago and there was my jellybean with a hb. But the sch is big enough to look like an empty second sac. I think this is quite large. I am still waiting to hear the mw's opinion but I've yet to have more bleeding. There is a sch forum on babycenter that is very active and you might receive more reassurance there.

I am not lifting, on pelvic rest and taking it very easy with lots of resting. I am also taking Arnica 30c every couple of days in the hopes it will help resolve the hematoma. Hang in there Mama. Statistically they tell me that there's a great chance of everything being OK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.