HELP- my cervix feels low and soft and Im freaking out - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 08-23-2012, 06:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

If things havent changed by tomorrow, Im going to my OB.

Now, I can admit that Im super over cautious this time, and maybe this is nothing. When I sit on the toilet, my cervix is low (less than one inch inside my vaginal opening) and feels soft. I'm fairly sure it's closed, but I dont remember it ever being this low before. Im 16 weeks pregnant with twins, measuring about 22 weeks. Someone please just tell me this is normal and I just never noticed before.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 7 Old 08-23-2012, 08:22 PM

I have no idea, but I really hope that things are OK! (((hugs)))

An extrovert, married to my introverted dh since '01, mothering my girls C (2003) and G (2006).

Love homeschooling, reading, cooking (most of the time grain-free except for when I'm not ), lactivist, former and wanna-be cloth diaperer and baby-wearer...

#3 of 7 Old 08-23-2012, 09:47 PM

I also have no idea, but hope its normal for twins.

Sending hugs and good thoughts your way! 

hug2.gif

lactivist.gifnovaxnocirc.gif Acd.gif'ing, winner.jpg,familybed1.gif,femalesling.GIFread.gif Momma to one DD 1/1/12 ribboncesarean.gif. Trying to goorganic.jpg and hoping for a hbac.gif next time!

#4 of 7 Old 08-24-2012, 05:36 AM

I last touched my cervix about 4 weeks ago, consequently freaked out because it felt soft, I couldn't tell if it was open (i was spotting at the time) and it just did not feel "right" to me, only to be FINE. I vowed I wouldn't touch it again for the rest of my pregnancy because I upset myself for nothing.

If you're concerned, get checked out for your peace of mind.

New mama!
#5 of 7 Old 08-24-2012, 06:01 AM

Sounds like prolapse. I had it last pregnancy. I noticed it right in the beginning og pregnancy and then my ob brushed it off as nothing when I told her I could feel my cervix RIGHT THERE. I did a little googling and figured out what it was and started implementing wholewoman principles about proper female posture. The posture and few exercises worked for me. This pregnancy I am having difficulty even reaching my cervix.
#6 of 7 Old 08-24-2012, 01:21 PM - Thread Starter

Well, I dont know what caused it to be so low last night, but when I woke up today, it was fine. High and fine, but I have a yeast infection now, so maybe that had something to do with it!

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#7 of 7 Old 08-24-2012, 03:35 PM

My cervix can be really weird, sometimes high sometimes low, always very soft (but closed). I'm glad it is back to normal today!

Single Mama to five 6 and under!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page