Can insomnia and tiredness harm pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-28-2012, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Although I have done five positive pregnancy tests and also have had one confirmed by the doctor I still am not convinced that it is really happenIng as I have no idea how far along I am but guessing five or six weeks. I cannot sleep and I work full time so there is no time for day naps. Can lack of sleep be harmful during early pregnancy? I'm worried it will not get enough oxygen to develop properly. Still coming to terms with this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 05:56 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)

Congrats on your pregnancy!!  Relax, mama - your baby shouldn't need more sleep from you right now. There may come a time much later in pregnancy where you feel like you need more sleep but even if you can't make time for an extra hour or two, your baby will be OK. Take it easy on yourself...luxlove.gif

Mama to DD September 2001 and DD April 2011 *Winner for most typos* eat.gif
Old 08-29-2012, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Insomnia and tiredness will possibly make you miserable, and making you miserable can cause stress, and stress can possibly be adverse. Just try your best to take it one day at a time and try to relax and sleep when it's possible.

I'd also talk to your care provider about the situation, see if they have any additional advice. I had such a terrible job that stressed me out so much and allowed for so little sleep (on top of being an insomniac) that I just quit the dang thing. But I had that option, I know not everyone else can be so lucky (or even want to!).

Mom to 3 , 1 , 10 hermit crabs, and a 156g stock tank pond with goldfish and lilypads!
IUI#4 success! Welcome Guy V 11/14/12

User Tag List