Pregnant again.... Now there will be 3!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Well, I am pregnant again... Oops!!! (Thanks to 50 Shades of Grey... ha ha)

Well I have two kids already, my daughter will be 3 in November and my son just turned 1 in July...!! This was not a planned pregnancy, we are excited yet scared. With my kids being 18 months apart and now expecting a new one in March/April... I am a little freaked out. What can I expect.... Most friends of ours either have 0 kids or 2 kids. I feel like a fish out of water on what to expect, what am I getting myself into.

When we had a our daughter it took us 1 1/2 year to get pregnant and we were OVER the MOON excited. We decided to have our second and BOOM we were pregnant... again OVER the MOON.. With this new one.. I have had NO signs of being pregnant, my periods are irregular so it was crazy that I missed a period or two. When I made my year exam the receptionist asked me when my last period was and I said June/July... she asked it I took a Preg Test and I said no.. do that and then call us back. After work took the test and POSITIVE!! I was devastated, I just got used to having two kids and boy my hands are filled now.

I have had NO morning sickness (with the other two kids... sick all day for the first 3 months) boobs didn't hurt, just a little tired but with two kids that's not unusual either. I called the doctors office back and said yep its was positive and .. OK.. you are about 9 -12 weeks along... holy cow!!!!! Appointment is next Thursday... excited yet scared.

OK moms.. I need you.. please tell me the bad and the GOOD too!! What can I expect??? (be gentle, ha ha)

#2 of 4 Old 08-29-2012, 09:26 AM

Wow, what a surprise, to find out at 9-12 weeks that you are pregnant!! First of all, congratulations!! While it may be challenging in the beginning (and who are we kidding, it's always challenging when you add a newborn to the mix, regardless of what else is going on), it will be so awesome!! Have you checked out the forums at havingthreekids.com? There are a lot of awesome stories on there. A lot of women describe a freak out in the beginning of the pregnancy, and no one ever regrets it once life with 3 becomes a reality. You will adjust!! It is going to be awesome!! You may need to get new car seats that can fit 3 across (radians are great), or, if it's an option, you may need a new car. But, other than that, I'm sure baby number 3 will just be incorporated into your routine.

I have 2, and I feel like it takes about 18 months to really feel like the transition to having a new member in the family is complete, and things get more "under control." I'm sure you will hear from moms of 3 about whether that's true with the third. But, bottom line is, by the time #3 is here in March/April, you will probably be well-adjusted to life with 2, and it will just be a matter of adding a third to the mix.

We are expecting our third for May. We planned this third pregnancy, and I entered into it knowing it is going to be insane, difficult, and challenging to have 3 little ones for a while. However, it will build the relationships in our family by 4 (baby + each member of the family), it will bring more love into the family, and the sibs are going to have a blast together. Sure, it might be harder to find seating at restaurants and boardgames made for 5, but these are all very minor issues! :) In the end, I want a large family when I'm retired, and I look forward to the chaos while the kids are younger. Good luck and wishing you a healthy pregnancy!!

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

#3 of 4 Old 08-29-2012, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hi!

I am in sort of the same boat as you are. I have three living children and my fourth was a stillborn this past April. I was in no way ready for more children. My husband and I went away for one weekend in July for our anniversary. He has been crazy busy at work and with my up and down emotions this was the only time in July we had sex. We used protection and in no way did I ever think I would end up pregnant. When my period did not show up when it was suppose to I took a test just to relieve my anxiety. That test made my anxiety go through the roof when it turned positive before I even got off the toilet! This baby is due the same week my last baby was born. How freaking ironic. I am still trying to wrap my head around it. I have been so sick, not unusual with my pregnancies but I was not ready mentally or emotionally to deal with this again.

#4 of 4 Old 08-30-2012, 07:13 AM

Georgetown HB Mom, I just want to say I am so sorry for your loss. That must have been so devastating, and must continue to be. I watched my sister-in-law hold say goodbye to her 3 month old, who died of complications of childbirth, and it was completely heart-wrenching. She did eventually become pregnant again, had another little girl, and says that is the only way she was able to get through the pain of losing her other little girl. I'm sure not being ready makes it all the harder, but fortunately time is healing and I'm sure as things move along you will gain the strength to welcome a new little one into the world.

Mama to angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gif angel1.gifangel1.gif

DS1 (6) jog.gif , DS2 (3)sleepytime.gifbaby.gif DD is here!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page