Mothering Forum banner

Five weeks pregnant, no nausea. Normal?

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  bambihelton 
#1 ·
Hi all. I am very excited to be five weeks pregnant, but feeling a little freaked out by my lack of symptoms. My boobs are sore, and I feel crampy, but aside from that, nada. I was definitely incredibly sick by six weeks with my DD, but I can't remember when that started.

I would love to hear some reassuring stories of people with few symptoms at five weeks who went on to healthy, happy pregnancies.
smile.gif

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm at 11 weeks and haven't had any nausea - at all. I read somewhere that 75% of women experience nausea - which would leave 25% of women feeling pretty good. (I have NO idea where I read this, but it made sense to me.)

#7 ·
I had no nausea at all ... I mean none at all through my whole pregnancy. I was insanely tired and had wicked heartburn from practically the day of conception through childbirth though. I think you just never know. The symptoms vary from person to person. I wouldn't worry at all.

Happy & Healthy Nine Months to you :)

#8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemygirl View Post

I had no nausea at all ... I mean none at all through my whole pregnancy. I was insanely tired and had wicked heartburn from practically the day of conception through childbirth though. I think you just never know. The symptoms vary from person to person. I wouldn't worry at all.

Happy & Healthy Nine Months to you :)
yeahthat.gif
I didn't have any nausea either. It can vary pregnancy to pregnancy too. For my mom it was no nausea with one, mild with another, and awful nausea with the third.

#9 ·
I was never sick at all. I developed some weird food aversions along the line (mostly coffee, which is weird because I LOVE coffee) and maybe a tiny bit of nausea, but never really sick. My DH chalked this up to the fact that I pretty much never get nauseated or throw up, and predicted it would mean that I also wouldn't throw up during labor. But I did.
smile.gif
Of course, this is my first so I don't have the experience of having another baby as you do, but I have heard the same as PPs, that all pregnancies are different and symptoms can vary wildly. Congratulations and good luck!

#11 ·
Another one lucky enough to have zero nausea during my pregnancy. My biggest symptoms was fatigue! My body was changing of course so my pants felt tight pretty quickly and some sore/weird boobs, I was running warmer which is normal, strong sense of smell (things that would normally take a lot to start giving me a headache would at a slight whiff) and my emotions were all amplified just like PMS for me, but yeah fatigue wow was it strong!

#12 ·
I didn't have any nausea till about week...8? Each pregnancy and each mama is different, though! I was pretty sick for a while with my dd, not nearly as sick with ds, and back to holy-cow-did-I-ride-the-teacups-at-Disney World?? all day...

#16 ·
Okay, here's an update. Six weeks today and I'm so sick I can barely function. I am trying to remember how freaked out I was, and be grateful for this nausea!

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnittingTigers View Post

Okay, here's an update. Six weeks today and I'm so sick I can barely function. I am trying to remember how freaked out I was, and be grateful for this nausea!
While that sounds like it sucks, I'm in the same boat you were in last week. just passed 5 weeks and am feeling pretty much normal. It's freaking me out.

I hope your nausea improves so you can function 90% but still know there's something going on.

#20 ·
I've never gotten sick ever before week 7. And then I feel like absolutely dog crap. Fast. So take advantage of the time you have right now and do things you might not be able to do shortly.

#21 ·
My first pregnancy ended in miscarriage in March. I was only like 5 and a half weeks, but never felt any nausea then. Because I hadn't been nauseous then, I thought I would be lucky with this pregnancy as well. I got all the way to 8 weeks just fine. The first day of week 8 hit me like a freight train. My doctor mentioned that the baby begins to move around at this time and can cause you to be queasy... Weird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.