Doulas Support Every Type of Birth - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-02-2012, 06:56 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Serving Jackson/Memphis, TN & Dyersburg, McKenzie, TN
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

As a Doula, I am often asked if I only support natural birth.  This has been my tried and true response:

"I support my clients in any decision they make. My job as a Doula & Childbirth Educator is to educate, inform, & support.   In that order."

We support your choices.  We just strive to give you all the information and education we can so that you can make your decisions with true informed consent.  ;)

~Ginny Mills  (Mom to 3-ages  dd-5(DIVA), ds-8(ADHD), & dd-18(Asperger's)

Doula/Childbirth & Parenting Educator & B.A. in Psych w/ Early Childhood Ed/Marriage & Family Counseling

#2 of 3 Old 09-02-2012, 07:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've reported your post. I feel you are just here to advertise.
#3 of 3 Old 09-04-2012, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Location: Serving Jackson/Memphis, TN & Dyersburg, McKenzie, TN
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am not. and I apologize if you feel that way.  I was using these things as an example of the type of philosophy and mission statement someone should be looking for.  Which most of these are dictated by my training.  I also noticed that you seem to have a problem with doulas in general and have singled me out to attack.  I have been very polite to you.  I am here to help many people by making helpful information and education available.  For your information, I live in a rural area, and I can only serve someone that lived no more than an hour away.  That's only 45-65 miles depending on the area.  And only a handful of hospitals that even deliver.  I have made no contacts through this forum.  And the statistical odds of anyone being in my area are nil on a national board.  Again, I apologize if it seemed that way to you.  I will once again re-write my post so as to be more clear.   

~Ginny Mills  (Mom to 3-ages  dd-5(DIVA), ds-8(ADHD), & dd-18(Asperger's)

Doula/Childbirth & Parenting Educator & B.A. in Psych w/ Early Childhood Ed/Marriage & Family Counseling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page