was due for next depo provera shot Aug 22nd and didnt go get it! And today Sept 5 I have a faint faint positive pregnancy test!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-05-2012, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

was due for next depo provera shot Aug 22nd and didnt go get it! And today Sept 5 I have a faint faint positive pregnancy test!! Am I really pregnant? I been having morning sickness and headaches along with cramps and some gas. Also had take 2 test both in the morning one yesterday was barely a plus but it was there. Then today the plus on this test was darker and more visible. Anyone think Im pregnant or a false positive?

#2 of 10 Old 09-05-2012, 04:21 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

It seems like if you are pregnant, that happened really fast since you would have only taken the shot 2 weeks ago.  Only way to know for sure if it was a false positive would be to take a blood test.  I hope you get the answer you want.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 10 Old 09-05-2012, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

I actually took my first shot in june not 2 weeks ago. i was due for my next shot 2 weeks ago but I didnt get the shot! And here I am today sore breast,bloated,morning sickness and daily gas etc all prego symptoms! 

#4 of 10 Old 09-05-2012, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I got pg with my first with a very similar timeline. She is 9 now. orngtongue.gif

There is no way to happiness, happiness is the way.
#5 of 10 Old 09-06-2012, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

were you on the depo prevera ? how long did it take you to get pregnant after stopping? can you tell me your time line? im freaked out a little as its has only been 2 weeks since i was suppose to go get the second shot but didnt! If i am pregnant that was fast! dizzy.gif

#6 of 10 Old 09-06-2012, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

I meant to say you would have taken the shot 2 weeks ago but didn't. I'm sorry I don't have any experience with Depo.  I have heard women say that their cycles were messed up after they stopped but that does not seem to always be the case according to Peony.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#7 of 10 Old 09-06-2012, 09:52 AM

Ate you getting the positive imediatly? Or after 5 mins or
So? I don't see how it would be possible, even if you started ovulating August 22nd, you would still be too early to get a possitive test I would think. But anything is possible I guess.

Depo really messed with my body, give me headaches, and bloating and nausia, so it may just be our bodys reaction to not getting the shot in time.

Also, I think when I first got it, I was told to use back up protection for the first 3 months.......

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

#8 of 10 Old 09-06-2012, 04:08 PM - Thread Starter

i took one test the morning of tuesday there was a slight positive after 5 minutes yes. then i took another test on wed morning there was a darker positive there. And I was due for my second depo shot on the 22nd but did not have the chance to go get it. Im having really bad morning sickness and can see that the breast and other areas are starting to look and feel different

#9 of 10 Old 09-06-2012, 04:26 PM

Read the box, and make sure that the line isn't showing up after the window. You can get an evap line, which is where the line will show up because you are reading it way after you should be.

I understand the shot and when you needed it, I'm saying that even if you got pregnant on the 22nd, you would only be 15 days pregnant, and I don't think you would be getting a possitive result at all yet.

I would call your dr in the am and see what they say, and try to get a blood test to know for sure.

Melanie- Mama to my super hero daughter superhero.gif bravely battling brain cancer. ribbongrey.gif ribbongold.gif  www.fightformaddie.com  and expecting 1sttri.gif 1/13!!!!

#10 of 10 Old 09-06-2012, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

It's possible to get a positive just 10 days after ovulation (approx. 24 days after beginning of last period).  While It's common to get a negative test and actually be pregnant, It is very very very rare to get a positive test result and not actually be pregnant (unless you're reading it past the time that the instructions tell you to, as tinyblackdot said).  Start taking a prenatal vitamin NOW, at least make sure you're getting at least 600 mcg of folic acid.  hug2.gif

Work at home, homesteading mom sharing child care 50/50 with my wonderful WAH DH. DD1 born Jan. 2010.   March '12.   DD2 & DD3 (twins) born Feb. 2013

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page