HELP! I am losing so much hair! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-09-2012, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone! I am 7 weeks pregnant and for the past 2 weeks I am losing TONS of hair daily.  I know the normal is 100 hairs but I am losing about 400-500 a day!  Yes...I actually did count it!  It is so scary.  I had my levels tested and everything is normal so I believe it is hormonal.  It is coming out in clumps when I wash it and my shower drain is filled each shower. I now try to wash it only 4 times a week but even the days I dont wash it, it just comes out. I am scared i am going to go bald. Anyone else have this problem?  I try not to stress about it but when it comes out in clumps I start to cry because of it.  Can anyone help? Will it stop?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 09-09-2012, 02:56 PM

Hmm I have never lost hair during pregnancy, only after. It was coming out in clumps postpartum with my DD it was scary.

My hair has always changed while pregnant. It got greasy and strait with DD, super curly and full with DS, with this bub it's been greasy and curly.

Newly SAHM to DD - 11/30/06 and DS - 1/3/10 * 10 week loss 10/13/11 * Cautiously expecting a September Surprise

#3 of 4 Old 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM

I've been feeling like I'm losing more than usual too, and I'm also 7 weeks.

Sucks, since typically pregnancy means losing LESS hair until after giving birth. I wasn't worried, but then your post had me asking "Dr. Google" and I found this: http://www.surviving-hairloss.com/Hair_Loss_During_Pregnancy.html

Maybe we need to improve our diets? I haven't been counting the hairs, so I'll have to try to do that and see if, for me, it's just a perception thing. If it's truly more than the normal amount, I guess I'll ask my midwife when I have my first appt.

I'm of the opinion though, that if you have concerns, you should call your doc/midwife. Maybe it's nothing, but, as someone told me with my first baby, *KNOWING* that it's nothing and having that peace of mind is definitely worth a quick call. :)

reading.gif <--Me, IronMammaries  mischievous.gif <--Med-student DPenergy.gif<--DD (12/08) &  baby.gif <--DS 4/13

1**pos.gif5***heartbeat.gif10****15**B*20***25***30***35**** stork-boy.gif

.....BFP.........HB Heard.........BOY!......................................... 

#4 of 4 Old 09-10-2012, 12:24 AM

I always loose a ton of hair during and after pregnancy. It starts pretty much right away and it stops a few months after the LO arrives. So sad, but at least I've never gone bald yet ;)

Cari bfinfant.gif Family Business Owner Married to my HS Sweet-Heart Michael photosmile2.gif
Mama to Bridgitt read.gif (12/99) Rheannon joy.gif (05/04) and Meridith energy.gif (07/08)

and Griffin baby.gif April 2, 2013

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page