Second Pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-10-2012, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hello Ladies!

I just found out that I am expecting our second baby, we are so excited!! We have a 20 month old boy who I am sure will be fond of having a little playmate :)

My question is. I am about 4 weeks and I have no symptoms. I think I feel a little more tired but besides that, nothing. With my son I was feeling it right away, really sore boobs, tired all the time.

Have of you experienced this? Of course I am trying not to worry but it is hard not to.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2012, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Every pregnancy is different.  I didn't have any symptoms to speak of with my son except the strong need to take a nap.  ;)  I think I just read in another thread that morning sickness and so on often can ramp up in the sixth week or so.  I know it's hard not to worry, but...don't worry.  lol.gif

Congratulations!

WOHM to Leo (4/08) reading.gif and enjoying the journey with DH geek.gif

Announcing the arrival of Clara in August 2013! homebirth.jpg

Old 09-11-2012, 03:42 AM

no need to worry!!! You and your baby will be fine! If you stress yourself, you'll stress the unborn baby too. It can also affect the immune system. I also rely on medicine, nowadays they have so many possibilities which our parents and grannies did not have, even on the molecular level companies like cusabio do their research to improve life. Can also be useful for prenatal diagnostics in the end.

Old 09-14-2012, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I am trying to just not stress and trying to remember that each pregnancy is different. Plus knowing how sick some of my friends were when they were pregnant, I suppose I should be thankful that I am not so sick. I am just so surprised that my little nursling has not reacted to a change in milk taste yet. I was so worried about that scenario, looks like he does not even care!

Thanks again for your encouragement, it was needed smile.gif

Old 09-14-2012, 01:30 PM

I'm in a similar boat...I'm 6 weeks pregnant with my second (first lo is 2 years old). I found out a week ago that I'm pregnant after an ivf cycle. So far, not many symptoms - initially (even before the BFP), I felt twinges as if ligaments were tugging a bit around my uterus. I don't feel much of anything these days...a little tired last night and I must say I am always hungry (not an issue this early last time). I don't remember when the typical early symptoms started with my first, but I remember they were well established by 8 weeks. Initially I was comfortable with the fatigue and nausea not starting too quickly as I know it's going to be interesting with a toddler to contend with. But I think I'm ready for it, just for the reassurance. with ivf cycles, it's hard to trust sometimes that all will be fine, after weeks for feeling like your body needs so much help to do what seems so simple.

So you're not alone in wondering when things are going to pick up, and hey, maybe we'll both be lucky in not being too sick or tired this time. I hear it can differe a lot from one pregnancy to the next. I find I don't have the time like I did the first time to dwell on whether there's twinges, or symptoms as I'm too busy with my lo. So maybe I'm missing some of the subtle signs. Of course some signs are hard to ignore.

I'll also mention that I learned recently that milk production starts switching back to being more colostrum around 16 weeks gestation. So you may not see your lo reacting in terms of breastfeeding for a little while yet. A friend of mine who is still bf'ing and is also pregnant said her daughter started nursing less around 14 weeks or so, no change before then.

take care

married to DH, mother to two amazing little boys born May 18/2010 and May 20/2013!

Infertility has been part of this journey - no more littles for us, but so grateful we have two happy healthy boys and we can now begin to heal from that experience

Old 09-15-2012, 02:16 PM

Congrats! All pregnancies are different, so no need to worry. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Alyssa, married to the love of my life Bear treehugger.gif (step-daughter) Aphotosmile2.gif, Our little man P violin.gif, (step-son) Little LREPlaySkateboard04HL.gifand May 2013- TWINS angel.gif 1sttri.gif

Old 10-04-2012, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! I am still feeling pretty normal, just a sick stomach from time to time.

Fullofhope how are you feeling these days?

Old 10-05-2012, 05:52 AM

I'm feeling pretty pregnant these days - nausea most afternoons. It's very manageable. I feel like I'm showing already, which is proving to be a challenge since we weren't going to tell the world for another few weeks - it may have to be sooner. Saw our little baby on ultrasound on Monday - definitely pregnant! glad things are progressing for you too...congrats!

married to DH, mother to two amazing little boys born May 18/2010 and May 20/2013!

Infertility has been part of this journey - no more littles for us, but so grateful we have two happy healthy boys and we can now begin to heal from that experience

Old 10-05-2012, 01:05 PM

Congrats!  I didn't feel anything to make me know for sure I was pregnant for many weeks either.  

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

Old 10-05-2012, 01:44 PM

I am five weeks and not feeling to much either. I got MS with my son at 6 weeks...so I am praying I am just going to get lucky and not have it this time..or not much. I get a little sick feeling if I don't eat and I get super tired..but I am also on progesterone so that adds to the tiredness. I feel full in my belly and hungry...but I am not going to complain. I do worry that no MS might mean something is wrong, but I have no reason to really worry yet. I just focus on my son and forget I am pregnant most of the time! I can't wait until 8 weeks so I can hear that heartbeat and know things are okay.

Old 10-08-2012, 07:41 PM

I was very sick with my first, so the fact that I've barely even experienced nausea this time was somewhat disconcerting. However, I'm now 17 weeks and everything is going swimmingly. It's funny, because I tell people that I don't FEEL pregnant, and then I remember all the symptoms I DO have: I'm exhausted, moody, and my hips hurt on a regular basis. But no nausea, to me, for some reason, equals not pregnant.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

I don't know how well I am doing, I have been spotting now for a week. My midwife totally seems unfazed by this because I have no cramping. But I just can't help but feel like something is wrong. Not a lot of red blood, but a little. And I just feel off. And sad. I hope I can get some answers this week. I think I hate not knowing more than anything.

And isn't it funny that I didn't feel pregnant because I had no issues. My husband thought it was crazy that I wanted nausea just to feel pregnant! Haha

Old 10-10-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommatoGray View Post

I don't know how well I am doing, I have been spotting now for a week. My midwife totally seems unfazed by this because I have no cramping. But I just can't help but feel like something is wrong. Not a lot of red blood, but a little. And I just feel off. And sad. I hope I can get some answers this week. I think I hate not knowing more than anything.

And isn't it funny that I didn't feel pregnant because I had no issues. My husband thought it was crazy that I wanted nausea just to feel pregnant! Haha

My first pregnancy, I spotted off and on through the whole pregnancy, especially when my husband and I DTD. I even passed a couple of clots, early on, and thought I was miscarrying, but, one trip to the ER later, and I was told that my placenta had decided to move... At any rate, I hope it's just spotting and not something more serious.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for encouragment :)

Still not looking good, asked MW to get me in for an emergency ultrasound yesterday and instead of getting answers I was told my dates must be off because the baby is measuring at 6 weeks not at 8 weeks. Dr said it was not uncommon to not see a fetal pole at that age. So now I am waiting for blood tests. I am not holding out much hope....I can not explain how I feel it is just my intuition that knows something is wrong. It also seems that I am now bleeding not just spotting. For a moment I am ok and then the next I am a wreck. I hope this sweet babe knew how much we wanted her, because I did with all my heart.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommatoGray View Post

Thanks for encouragment :)

Still not looking good, asked MW to get me in for an emergency ultrasound yesterday and instead of getting answers I was told my dates must be off because the baby is measuring at 6 weeks not at 8 weeks. Dr said it was not uncommon to not see a fetal pole at that age. So now I am waiting for blood tests. I am not holding out much hope....I can not explain how I feel it is just my intuition that knows something is wrong. It also seems that I am now bleeding not just spotting. For a moment I am ok and then the next I am a wreck. I hope this sweet babe knew how much we wanted her, because I did with all my heart.

Aww mama!! Sending hope and hugs and light your way! goodvibes.gif

Kellylady.gif, married to the love of my life, Denpeace.gif , DD1 5/07dust.gif , 11/07, DD2 10/08modifiedartist.gif , DDS 8/10jammin.gif, expecting our next blessing this winter!

Old 10-16-2012, 09:43 AM

hugs to you Momma,

I hope you have a clearer idea of what's going on at this point, whether that be knowing your little one is going strong (hopefully!) or this little one wasn't meant to carry on. The uncertainty is usually worse than any straight answer. I feel for you - it's hard when your instincts are preparing you for something you just don't want to see happen. hugs to you and that little one, hoping he/she is holding on.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your kindness.

I sadly lost our sweet babe last Thrusday. Just taking it one day at a time....

Old 10-17-2012, 02:24 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that. My thoughts are with you

Old 10-17-2012, 09:48 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 PM

So sorry to hear this. Hugs to you, Be kind to yourself for the next little while, as long as it takes.

User Tag List