I'm the one with the subchoriac hemorage (I know I spelled that wrong but I don't feel like looking it up). I went in for bloodwork today and just got the call with the number. It is not much more, in fact barely any higher than it was 4 days ago. My dh...an emergency room physician...says it should have doubled and feels this is it for us. I'm wondering, hoping, he's wrong. Has anyone else at 6 weeks, almost 7 weeks had numbers that did not double and everything was okay??
How much was the increase, exactly?
I wish I had better news for you, but it's honestly not a great sign if it was a really minimal increase over 4 days at only 6 weeks. At that early stage it really should still be increasing quite significantly.
It really depends on what the numbers actually look like. The only definite bad sign when it comes to HCG at your stage is if it reduces, but what we want to see is an increase.
Actually it went from 17002 to 17500something,...(not sure of last two digits) and I'm not really worried at this point because lots of things Ive read now state once the heartbeat is present HCG levels are not a reliable detection of viability....that HCG levels may continue to increase but not dramatically especially if the numbers were high to begin with. So I'm refusing to worry. :)
The HCG isn't going to double that high or late. I would skip getting the draws and focus on the heartbeat on US. My MW won't even draw another HCG if it's over 5000, because at that point, something is visible on US and it's not as predictive as when the levels are under 1000.
I read your other post and I get where you're coming from, we are pretty much the same age so we have some odds stacked against us. There really isn't anything you can but wait (and worry). Try to focus on the baby you saw on US. Good luck with your next scan.
Mama to ~ Finnegan(10/06) ~ Samuel (7/08) ~ Henry (2/11) ~ He's here! Baxter (11/12)
Thank you. I guess I let the worry in the voice of the nurse at the doctors office get to me..... I did see a bit of red tonight but it was faint.... so I'm going to keep trying to stay positive... but this bedrest is already getting on my nerves! I'll keep it up at least until the next US but it's going to be a difficult 5 days.