Fall 2012 Love for the Preggo Bajingos: Having #1 in our 30s - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-05-2012, 03:24 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Congrats, Espion!!  :) :)  Yeah, I can't imagine trying to move (especially so far!) with such a wee one!  Anyone that can help, on either end of the move?? Maybe hiring someone??

So nice to see so many of us due around the same time! :)

Maitrima, I spent most of my 20s married & happily taking care of other people's children, with no real desire to have my own.  I was also told I couldn't have kids, which helped with my family (instead of having to explain why I didn't want them, I could just say I couldn't have 'em at all).  In fact, I was rabidly childfree in my 20s! *lol*  My life has changed so much since I got divorced though, and scared as I am, I'm pretty excited to be having a baby now! :)

AFM, I'm in NY visiting my partner.  However, I think this is the last time I can do this; the 200 mile journey (each way!) via public transportation is just too damn brutal now that I'm further along! When I came over at 4.5wk, I just had some upset stomach & ate some crystallised ginger whenever I got too queasy on the bus & was fine. Now my m/s is worse than that, and the exhaustion is just too darn much. I think if we're not able to coordinate him moving within the next two months, I'll just have him come visit. We just went 6wk w/out seeing each other, which is the longest we've been apart since we started dating. *sniffle*  There's no space for him to visit where I'm staying, but we can stay with a friend of mine who lives half a block away. :)

Sex actually became painful!  ??!  5wk in, it was the same as usual - in fact, I was hornier & orgasms came *very* easily! I'm nearly 12wk now, and my first couple days here, we couldn't have any deep penetration, or even anything resembling such! Makes it hard to enjoy yourself when you're constantly on alert that it's gonna hurt! My joints hurt a lot too, which makes just about any position uncomfortable. Ugh. Annoying!!  However, this morning it was fine & back to normal; I wonder if it was because I was slightly constipated before?? It's never hurt before when constipated! But, omg, I felt soooo tender inside! mecry.gifHere's hoping we're back to normal for good! ;)

Heartburn/acid reflux has begun, and I was nearly despondent earlier, when I realized this is only the beginning of such agonies. *sigh*  I've been really lucky re:m/s though, in that it's nearly all just been nausea, no actual vomiting. Thank goodness for the small things, right? ;)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

tiphat.gifWelcome Samsarah! Maitrima & Espion!!!! Pleased to meet you.  I hope you will enjoy sharing your experiences here.    Many ladies just had their babies and we all loved sharing in this forum, in fact I find myself referring to the thread ladies like they are my real friends- like when I talk to my doctor I will say... "yeah that happened to a woman I know"  referring to a friend from this thread. 

Congratulations on your pregnancies we have from about 20 w to 5 w pregnancies on here- please update with:

Your due date- boy or girl- surprise, and any other info.  Also know you can chat about personal life stuff-appointments- pregnancy stuff and much much more...  

So happy to see this picking back up!!!

heartbeat.gif my September baby Augustus heartbeat.gif

Old 10-06-2012, 10:26 PM

Thank you Brendalee and Sparrows!  My calculated due date is the 8th of June.  I have my first appointment on the 15th.  :)

Oh yeah, we're going to pull out the guns with this move.  I'm just imagining that it could be a little more difficult....I could have gotten the BFP one cycle later.  Then I'd be worried about having the baby while we're completely homeless and in transit.  (My plan B would have been going straight to my sister's house in Texas then dealing with the fact that I would be delivered by someone who has never seen me for prenatal care.)  Kinda puts some kinks in the birth plan!  

Old 10-08-2012, 04:35 PM

I got my BFP last week and am hoping and praying for a sticky one! :) I'm 35, and my DH (also 35) and I have been TTC since going off the pill in 3/2011. Couldn't believe I got a BFP this time! My due date would be June 15th.

Sending all the new BFPs well wishes and congratulations to all the new mamas!

Bebe (37) & Hubby (37) married since 2010 and have one sweet girl (1).
Old 10-08-2012, 05:40 PM

So exciting! Congrats Bebe:)

Me femalesling.GIF, Hubby dh_malesling.GIF, Stepgrl hearts.gif (11), DS Born 4-15-13 babyboy.gif

My biz: Sojourn Curiosities

Old 10-08-2012, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Congratulations Espion and bebelove!  Lots of great BFPs lately!  Exciting!

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
Old 10-09-2012, 09:43 AM

Hello BJ Ladies! Congrats on the new BFPs and babies born on my net hiatus! Just poppin' in to say hello! I'm back at work and get some computer time! haha The only way...although I would trade my net time to stay at home with the babies anyday... Hugs and well wishes to everyone!

My twins are here!  Thank God everyday for answered  praying.gif

Old 10-09-2012, 01:08 PM

Espion - I also just finished graduate school, and am on the tail end of all my friends having babies. Because I was a little younger than many of my grad school friends, most of them have already had their second kid! Then all of my younger friends who didn't go to grad school started having babies too... At least, I feel like there was a big wave of babies (either firsts or seconds) over the past two years, including quite recently, so mine won't be too far behind. smile.gif  Good luck on the move!!

Brendalee - sorry you've been dealing with so many bad symptoms. greensad.gif I hope things across the board lighten up for you. I was surprised that once I started feeling less queasy, after the first trimester, I had heartburn for the first few days (for pretty much the first time in my life - I had to ask my husband if that's what it was!), and then it pretty much went away. I'm sure it might come back, but I am glad for the reprieve. I hope something similar happens for you!

And welcome and congratulations to bebelove and anyone I've missed! smile.gif

Old 10-09-2012, 02:02 PM

Thanks, everyone!!

Chocolatechip, I feel the same way . . .all my friends started having babies when I started grad school, and then started their second babies when I was graduating, and now here I am over a year later, but finally got my BFP!

Old 10-09-2012, 09:00 PM

Hello new thread!  So nice to see a new crop of BFP's.  I agree with Sparrows that this thread has been really helpful and supportive.  Happy for all of you, glad you are carrying on the thread. 

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Old 10-11-2012, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

tiphat.gifWelcome and congratulations Bebelove.  Love the name!!! 

I updated the cover page, let me know if there is anything I should put up there.  If you know any other ladies in their 30's having their firs baby, please encourage them to stop by our thread,  I am so excited there are so many of you here- start updating your status and what is going on with your pregnancies when you have a min!

I want to know if any of you wonderful ladies would like to be the Winter thread keeper.  All you have to do is keep the front page updated, with those who have their babies or join the group and have babies.  Also make sure ladies feel welcome and I guess kind of moderate tension, although I have never seen any over here, but have seen it in other threads.  

Let me know, I have a three week old baby and am in my firs semester of grad school so endless to say I am swamped.  

Much Love!!!!

Old 10-13-2012, 10:31 PM

Thank you, Sparrow! :)

Old 10-19-2012, 02:58 PM

Hi Everyone!

This is the first time I've ever posted on a site like this, so I'm still trying to figure it all out! I'm 31 and am 7weeks pregnant with my first baby. I have to admit that I don't know what half of the abbreviations I've seen so far stand for…smile.gif I guess I'll learn! Started looking at the site because I'm a little concerned that I haven't had any morning sickness or food/smell aversions yet. Anyone else experience this?

Old 10-19-2012, 03:36 PM

Hello.

I'm 31 and having my first sometime in March 2013.

Mrs. Sanders1 - I didn't have any morning sickness at all.  I had very strong food adversions, thought.  I believe everyone is different.

hang.gif knit.gif chicken3.gif treehugger.gif Kristin, partner to eat.gif Ron who came with DSS7 kid.gif

heartbeat.gifOur first arrived March 2013!! nocirc.gif

Old 10-19-2012, 05:45 PM

Welcome Scruffy & Sanders:) 

Uh, does anyone know where groups, and therefore current due date clubs can be found now? 

Me femalesling.GIF, Hubby dh_malesling.GIF, Stepgrl hearts.gif (11), DS Born 4-15-13 babyboy.gif

Old 10-20-2012, 12:40 PM

Maine Coast Mama - Blue box on the top right hand size of screen "Community" - "Groups" is on that list if you hold the mouse over it.

Or, go to "subscriptions" (also on top right hand size of screen) and if you've commented on any threads in your due date club, they will be there.

hang.gif knit.gif chicken3.gif treehugger.gif Kristin, partner to eat.gif Ron who came with DSS7 kid.gif

heartbeat.gifOur first arrived March 2013!! nocirc.gif

Old 10-21-2012, 05:09 PM

I'm curious if anyone in this group is thinking about how many kids they want to have, and what kind of spacing they might want between them, or how quickly they might want to have them? I'm obviously pregnant with my first, and I will be approaching 35 when this baby comes. My husband will be almost 41. We'd like to have two kids, which isn't all that many, and intellectually I *know* we have the time to do it, but I also find myself thinking sometimes about how quickly these years go by, how quickly I'll be approaching 40, etc.

I know that's not really a very specific question, but just wondering if anyone else is thinking about this, and what kinds of thoughts you're having! smile.gif

Old 10-22-2012, 04:14 PM

Hi! I'm new here. I am 34 & due May 24th with our first. Been TTC for many years ( I struggle with PCOS). 

I am on Crinone once a day & am getting brown discharge & had a tiny bit of spotting Sat. Went to ER yesterday & baby is great (whew!). I think it is just irritation from the Crinone-this stuff is yuck! Getting my progesterone checked Wed. & will see my OB Mon. to further assess. They told me to stay on it for now. Anyone else have to take this stuff?

I will be so happy to get to 12 weeks!

Old 10-22-2012, 04:15 PM

Hi! I'm new here. I am 34 & due May 24th with our first. Been TTC for many years ( I struggle with PCOS). 

I am on Crinone once a day & am getting brown discharge & had a tiny bit of spotting Sat. Went to ER yesterday & baby is great (whew!). I think it is just irritation from the Crinone-this stuff is yuck! Getting my progesterone checked Wed. & will see my OB Mon. to further assess. They told me to stay on it for now. Anyone else have to take this stuff?

I will be so happy to get to 12 weeks!

Old 10-23-2012, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome - Sanders Scruffy and Margret Ann!!!joy.gif Congratulations on your pregnancies!!!  Hope you enjoy this thread!

Chocolate- I am 34 and just had my first- I also want to have a second.  I am thinking that we will start trying when my baby is 8 or 9 months- assuming it will take up to 6 months- anytime in that range will work for us.  I also do not want to wit too long, I want to get this family thing on a roll in in full swing.  I know every person and doctor have different opinions on spacing and number of children they desire.  

I hope you all are doing well and enjoying your pregnancies!!

Old 10-24-2012, 05:35 AM

Thanks, Scruff! 

About spacing, I think if we're going to have a second, which I absolutely want, I will be open to conceiving as soon as I am able after this first little one, who is due in April. I am 32, and husband is 42. He doesn't want to be an "old dad" as he says (he has an 11 y.o. already), and I think health-wise, and sibling relationship-wise, it's probably best to have our two close together.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:12 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chocolatechip View Post

I'm curious if anyone in this group is thinking about how many kids they want to have, and what kind of spacing they might want between them, or how quickly they might want to have them? I'm obviously pregnant with my first, and I will be approaching 35 when this baby comes. My husband will be almost 41. We'd like to have two kids, which isn't all that many, and intellectually I *know* we have the time to do it, but I also find myself thinking sometimes about how quickly these years go by, how quickly I'll be approaching 40, etc.

I know that's not really a very specific question, but just wondering if anyone else is thinking about this, and what kinds of thoughts you're having! smile.gif

Chocolatechip, that's a great question. DH and I agreed long ago (probably before we were even married, how time flies!) that we want two kids. I would prefer to have both before we're 35, which doesn't leave much time (we're both 32 now). Long term plans for kids got pushed back when I chose to go to grad school, and then we took a few years after I graduated to actually decide we were ready.

DH is exactly a year older than his brother, and thinks close spacing is ideal (he's thinking long term about having multiple kiddos in college, and under current financial aid plans they tend to give you more money if you have 2 in at the same time than they would if 2 don't overlap). I'm also on board with close spacing, but understand every doctor has their own opinion.

After this one arrives, I think we will NT/NP until AF comes back, then I'll temp and chart again. I have no idea how nursing will affect this timeline, but will deal with that if it seems to be a problem when we get there. At least on a population basis, it's reassuring to know we CAN get pregnant again while nursing. I care more about raising our first with a healthy supply of BM than really hitting my goal of finishing by 35.

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
Old 10-24-2012, 03:01 PM - Thread Starter

Kimble & Maincoast- we all seem to be on the same page- close together- my dh is almost 43 and he has a 24 year old- he does not want to get too old to enjoy them- I am not sure if I want to start like right now- baby is one month- but I will start allowing at 6-9 months (taking out the gatekeeper if you will then I will Try hard when baby is 11 months.  Funny though- I can't imagine being pregnant again- It was really hard for me in that I was nasals from about 6 weeks to 24 weeks, and very very tired.  I also just love this baby so much I cannot imagine what it would be like to not have our alone time together.  However- the soonest I would have another is about when he is a year and a half- so that gives us lot's of time to spend together.  Another great thing is that I have hear when they are fairly close together- the first baby doesn't have much of an opinion about the second baby- I have hear that waiting longer the first child really notices more and can regress- ??? who knows.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:33 AM

This is helping a lot to hear the different opinions, thanks!

I think I'd like to know for sure that I could breastfeed for a full year with this baby, and I can definitely understand 2sweetsparrows' thought on wanting to have some alone time with the first baby. I guess you never can get it with the second baby, huh?!

My mom tells me she basically got pregnant with her second and third kids as soon as she started being fertile again, which was right when the first (me) and the second started weaning. My first brother is a year and a half younger than me (my mom started giving me bottles in addition to breastfeeding, which I guess she didn't do with my brothers), and then my youngest brother is three and a half years younger than my other brother (five years younger than me). She was also in her twenties when she had all of us, which could make a difference, but I know I got pregnant pretty quickly this time. smile.gif

But, like MaineCoastMama, my husband also wants to make sure he's not an "old dad," and time goes by so fast!

Maybe we'll end up with twins. That'd solve the issue. wink1.gif  (I'm hoping we don't, actually, but that's because I want a home birth!)

Old 10-30-2012, 12:03 PM

Hi everyone,

I'm very tentatively peeking in... I am pregnant again, but not ready to graduate up here officially until I am certain this baby will stick. My first beta was taken yesterday and my hcg was 146.8 - that's higher than any number I've had in all three of my other pregnancies, so I'm feeling a little optimistic. And I'm terrified.

If any of you have had multiple losses and have tips to offer about how to handle your worry and anxiety during pregnancy, I'd love some advice.

Early childhood teacher TTC #1 after 3 early losses ribbonpb.gif.ribbonpb.gifribbonpb.gif My chart: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/Tickletoes

My blog: http://mappingoutmotherhood.blogspot.com/

Old 10-30-2012, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Congratulations and welcome tickletoes! Sending sticky prayers your way. goodvibes.gif

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
Old 10-30-2012, 07:04 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

Oh my gosh, TickleToes, congrats! Sending loads of love and sticky vibes your way! love.gif

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

Old 11-02-2012, 11:05 PM

Yeah Tickle- seconding Caly- stick baby stick!

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:17 AM - Thread Starter

Congratulations Tickletoes!!!- I have had three losses.  (2 pregnancies) I lost twin boys at 16 weeks and one early loss.  My advise is to let go a bit.  This was a lesson I had to embrace after a difficult journey of working through my losses I found that you can love as hard as can be and be willing to do anything to keep your wonderful little life but that life is incredibly complex, and you can only do your best- that is all that is in your power.  With my most recent pregnancy and only successful pregnancy- I was so worried but I just had to let go and understand that the force of life is like a very strong river and that we cannot control the flow.

Try to let life take the rains, love a lot and deal with what comes WHEN it comes do not anticipate the worst because regardless- you will deal with what comes good or bad - so in essence- get lost in love and excitement.  

Old 11-04-2012, 05:27 PM

Congrats Tickle!!! joy.gifI saw your numbers doubled on the ttc board, that's great! I'm so hopeful for you!

-Us partners.gif, Himbabyf.gifnocirc.gif and her dog2.gif 

User Tag List