Fall 2012 Love for the Preggo Bajingos: Having #1 in our 30s - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 101 Old 09-12-2012, 11:32 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

heartbeat.gifWelcome to the TTC #1 in Our 30's Graduates Thread! heartbeat.gif

We are the ladies of the Bajingo Juice Club who have gotten our BFPs.

All due dates are welcome.

Are you pregnant with your first and in your 30's but never heard of the BJC? 

Welcome! Please join us!

Let's keep in touch during our pregnancy journeys.

The more the merrier!

heartbeat.gif

January 2013

01~ pitchounette

Trickster- spring 2013

SamSarah- ??

March 2013

?? Matrima- GIRL

29~Chocolatechip-

April 2013

8~ Mayday- TTC 8 months- one MC

18~ MainCoastMama- got BFP quickly after wedding day!!

20~ BrendaLee- 2 MC, surgeries, did not think she could have babies and she got her BFP!!!

May 2013

??~Kimble

??~Megmoria-

18~AmandaLynnH- conceived after one month off the pill!!

June 2012

08- Espion- BFP after MC

15- Bebelove- TTC since 03/1

Congratulations Mamas!!!

BOYS: 12

GIRLS: 10

Cathleleni~ Rose born 9/18 at 5 lbs 11oz 

2sweetsparrows~ Augustus Neale born 9/17 at 11:19pm 8.0 oz 19"

ericaf ~ Ruby Mae born 9/1/12 at 9:52 p.m. 8 lbs 4 oz, 20"

andaluza ~ Baby Boy M born 8/23/12

Lilytiger ~ Piper Ingrid born 8/13/2012 at 3 a.m. 7 lbs 6 oz, 21"

Bootsvalentine ~ Lyle George born 8/3/12 at 6:28 p.m. 8 lbs 6 oz, 20"

Scowgirl ~ Evelyn Linnea born  7/16/12 at 10:30 a.m. 8 lb 0 oz, 21"

CACountyGirl ~ Juniper Lee born 7/3/12 at 1:01 a.m.

Calycanth ~ Cara Laurel born 6/29/12 at 10:51 p.m.

Dandylez   ~ Adair Seamus born early 6/28/12 at 3:35 p.m., in our thoughts! stillheart.gif

Bel718   ~Twins born 5/31!!! Baby Boy M 5 lbs 9 oz; Baby Girl A 6 lbs 10 oz

RosieL ~ Odin born 4/7/12 at 12:15AM

Ramzubo ~ Brody Alexander born 1/29/12 after 27 hours of labor

birdie.lee ~ Baby Boy L born 11/20/11 after just five hours of labor

Tank ~ Elliot born on 11/8/11 at 11:38AM 

Hykue ~ Raven Brisa born 10/31/11,  8lb 2oz

ValH ~ Jacob born 10/4/11 at 9:55AM

Tear78 ~ Baby Girl A born 7/15/11

LivingSky ~ Kayden born 7/14/11

Meander ~ Alaric born 7/3/11

Blanca78 ~ Baby Girl E born 4/24/11stork-boy.gifstork-suprise.gif

heartbeat.gif my September baby Augustus heartbeat.gif

#2 of 101 Old 09-12-2012, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Hi All,

Hope you are able to check in here- and I hope Bajingo ladies will join as they get BFP +++++ YAYA!

Quick Update:  I went to the 'deciding' appointment on Tuesday, my baby is about 8 1/2 lbs at 38 weeks.  It looks like he will be very large and that may lead to complications, I know that this is all and estimate and this has been a very stressful decision to make because we just really want to avoid c-section and deliver a healthy baby boy.  We are opting for the induction, which will mean that we will go into the hospital at 6pm on Sunday September 16th- they will administer cervadil, and we will spend the night.  They will start petocin in the morning, then try different things according to how I react- some of which are striping membranes and a foly catheter bulb.  I am super excited because I am 1cm dilated and 50% effaced so I will be starting out with a 'favorable' cervix therefore it is more likely I will react favorable to the pitocin.

Everyone asks me if I have been experiencing contractions- and I have not- until last night- I had my firs episode of 2 hours of mild contractions- they were rhythmic so I really thought this was it and tried to get sleep, I was so excited my mind was racing and I could not sleep- then I waited and waited and they did not increase- I fell asleep and me and dh woke up at 10am!!!   I am our natural alarm clock and I was not that this morning- so he MAY...MAY come early???? I would really love that- it may just be prep- but any prep is better than non- I am just not going to take it as seriously next time though.  

Whew, my mama comes in tonight- think I will feel better once she is here and I have everything in order for the hospital.  

#3 of 101 Old 09-12-2012, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

HI everyone! Nice to see you here. I just got my BFP 2 weeks ago so the whole "I guess I'm pregnant" thing is still sinking in. I'm looking forward to having this community to hear what is in my near future.

Looks like a lot of you have a little one out in the world now ... congrats!!!  joy.gif

and good luck to sparrows as you prepare for your new adventure!

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
#4 of 101 Old 09-12-2012, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Kimble, welcome and congratulations on your BFP!!! It takes a while for it to feel "real." Like a couple of trimesters. orngtongue.gif

Sparrows, you have to do what you feel is best for you and the babe based on the information you have. Good luck with the induction! How exciting to think your little Ert will be joining the world so soon! I'm glad your mama is coming to help you out. You'll definitely appreciate the extra set of hands when you come home.

partners.gif  +babyf.gifjoy.gif

#5 of 101 Old 09-12-2012, 11:09 PM

Yeah Sparrows!  This weekend we will have one more little guy.  I hope he decides to beat the docs to it, but if not I hope the induction goes smoothly.  Glad your Mom will be on hand.  Can't wait to hear your news.  

Welcome Kimbie!

Hi Caly and cutie Cara.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#6 of 101 Old 09-14-2012, 03:48 AM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Calpurnia had her little one a month ago from the post here.  She had a cute little girl a month early.

http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1360571/myer-elizabeth-is-here/40

Crafty Geeky lady (37, hypothyroid) married 7/2010 love of my life (42, azoospermia). I believe in MIRACLES! Twin boys born 12/21/13 at 40 weeks 2 days! 3/52 crafts in 2014 Ramsey's BS1: Done! 2/17/12 BS 2 goal: 6/7/17 no sperm initial DX 3/23/12 BFP 4/7/13!
#7 of 101 Old 09-15-2012, 12:17 AM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Sparrows, thanks for starting a fall thread. I hope lots more Bajingo ladies will get BFPs soon. Lilac has been so great running the TTC thread and we're due for some more!

I totally understand your decision to induce, I was almost there myself. I am happy for you and your cervix, yay! I bet the induction is going to go well, that is a good sign. We will support whatever decisions you make for your birth. So glad your mom is with you and I'll be thinking of you all weekend. One thing I will say, though is please don't let them scare you with the stupid shoulder dystocia talk. That is SO rare (less than 2 percent), but they tell every woman with a baby over 8# that. Bah humbug!

Welcome and congratulations, kimble!

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#8 of 101 Old 09-15-2012, 07:32 AM

Hi! I'm not sure if this is how...but may I join you? I am due April 18, and I am 32 years old:) 

I am relatively new to the site, began TTC with my husband on our wedding day, July 7th, got my BFP on August 10th and saw the little one in u/s for the first time this past week. joy.gif  

Me femalesling.GIF, Hubby dh_malesling.GIF, Stepgrl hearts.gif (11), DS Born 4-15-13 babyboy.gif

My biz: Sojourn Curiosities

#9 of 101 Old 09-15-2012, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

tiphat.gif Welcome Kimble- Congratulations on your BFP and Welcome to the thread- we are so excited to have some 2013 babies YAY- how are you feeling these days?  

tiphat.gif Welcome Maincoastmama- guessing you are from ... Maine- my Best Friend is in Portland with her fiancé right now meeting the parents- she loves it.  Congratulations on your BFP and please keep us updated, are you going to find out the sex?  

Thanks Boots, I know you had the whole big baby kunundum oh it is just a hassle, but I am felling good about what we decided and have a positive outlook on the benefits vs risks, I hope to avoid a c-section and birth a healthy big boy!!

I a getting close- just putting away clothes, hanging up pictures and putting in the car seat- enjoying a lovely September day.  My doula is not responding to my calls which is weird but I let her know what the score was- I am not sure if she agrees with my decision but I am sure she will be supportive.  I kind of want to touch base with her though.  I have not had many contractions- a bit of crampiness- think I will go on a good walk and bounce on my birth ball to kick things along - I hope I can start at al least 75% effaced, and 2cm to have a favorable cervix.  I am feeling read and super peaceful about the arrival of the baby- and feel no need to stress about the imminent pain I will experience- I'll just deal- so excited!!!

#10 of 101 Old 09-15-2012, 12:02 PM

Thinking of you, Sparrows!

#11 of 101 Old 09-15-2012, 04:09 PM

I hope that everything goes well, Sparrowsflowersforyou.gif You may not even need the pitocin, I was close to not needing it, but the epidural seemed to slow down what the cervical ripener had accomplished. Can't wait to hear your news. 

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#12 of 101 Old 09-15-2012, 05:03 PM - Thread Starter

blowkiss.gifThanks so much for the support ladies, I am super excited, feels like the little guy is pretty big, and I am not sure if I am like all prepared for breastfeeding but goes we'll jump into it head first. Here we gooooooooo!!!

#13 of 101 Old 09-16-2012, 07:03 AM

Go sparrows!!!

erica (33) hubs (36)
Ruby Mae , 9/1/12
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35***40

Breast cancer survivor!
#14 of 101 Old 09-16-2012, 07:26 AM

*walks in shyly*  What's Bajingo juice? Um, I'm 33 (34 on 10/31!) & pregnant - 9wks today! :)  I had 2 m/c as a youth, but have had much pain & a few surgeries on my reproductive system since then.  Though I wasn't TTC in the past (well, some half-hearted attempts at certain points in my former marriage), I've been told I basically won't be able to have kiddos.  SURPRISE!  *grin* Honestly, I wasn't wicked interested prior to getting divorced anyway (in many ways, my ex was a child in a grownup's body - perhaps that's why? *smirk*), so it kind of worked out.   

So, being pregnant now is a huge shock! A delightful shock, to be sure, but shocking nonetheless! :)

KIMBLE - I totally know what you mean! *lol*  I stared at the plus sign on that stick for about 20 minutes, head completely empty, trying to take it all in. OMG, the 'positive' line started showing up before the pee even made it up to the control window! Heh heh heh.  I think it's only been in the past week or two that I've finally gotten (mostly!) used to the idea - and I've known since week 4! ;) 

SPARROWS - good luck tonight!!! :) :) :)   

I hope no one minds if I sit in! :)  Oh, and I'm due April 22, 2013 (coincidentally, that's my ex-husband's birthday. haha! However, it's also Earth Day, so that's what I'll refer to. heehee!).

#15 of 101 Old 09-16-2012, 07:32 AM

Aw, excited for you Sparrows ! It's great that you are feeling so at peace. I wish the same for myself!:) Yep, we will find out the gender, it's my first baby and I just want to know. 

Welcome and congrats Brenda. We have the same due week. How are your 1st Trimester symptoms going? I think mine are easing up, except the fatigue does seem to come and go.

Me femalesling.GIF, Hubby dh_malesling.GIF, Stepgrl hearts.gif (11), DS Born 4-15-13 babyboy.gif

#16 of 101 Old 09-16-2012, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Brenda, WELCOME and CONGRATULATIONS on you BFP!!!

So here is the low down over here (in my opinion) Bajingo Juice was a term created back in I think like 2008- it is for cervical mucous.  I think it refers to that because as you have experienced most of us TTC or pregnant in the 30's for the first time are TRYING to get pregnant so these are things we pay attention to and it is funny and a sort of tong in cheek playful name for the thread .   There are three threads here on Mothering Dot Com dedicated to these ladies- one for TTC, one for being pregnant and one for having your babies.  The neat part is that we keep the thread up my season here and month at TTC, by passing it to someone who keeps the thread running and others join in and it has been going since 2008- how cool!!!!  I am the thread keeper for the first time.  

I ended up mostly posting in here and here are the reasons I love this thread-

1.  It is not too big- in my Due Date Club- the weekly chats were so long and complex I had a hard time jumping in- keeping up and following.

2.  FOR ME- (this is very personal) I found the ladies in their 30's very funny, mature, knowledgable and supportive, there is lots of support in the DDC but a much more diverse set of mommies whom are in VERY different circumstances than me- (on their 7th pregnancy- with twins) and 29 etc.  I am just here in my 30's trying to wrap my little mind around #1- so I felt a kinship here that works well for me.

3.  Some ladies post in both frequently and even just copy and paste the same updates- that works too.

4.  THis group tends to stay under about 15 so you can really be open and get to know the trials and success and series each person shares.  I feel like I have far off friends.

5.  You can stay on the journey together because we post in all the forums, and continue on the 'graduate' forums.

SOOO please don't be shy take off your shoes and stay a while- you are in good company- WELCOME!!!

We did just had our baby boom- like 5 babies were born over the past two months and the thread was dwindling a bit I am the last of this phase- so I am SOOO HAPPY to have new BFP's over here!!!

#17 of 101 Old 09-16-2012, 10:55 AM

Great to see some fresh bfps around here, Kimble and Brenda! joy.gifjoy.gif Wishing you wonderful and healthy pregnancies.

Sparrows, about bf, I let M find his way to the breast and latch on on his own right after birth. It was amazing to see his little eyes come into some sort of focus and his mouth discover the nipple. I will never forget those first moments together (plus dh got a video). The baby nurses and lactation consultants at the hospital were helpful to varying degrees with different positions and suggestions on the latch. Also, at least in my experience, the first few days are pretty constant suckling and some sore nipples (Lansinoh hpa lanolin soothed them amazingly) but by the time my milk came in the soreness was gone and M was latching effectively and without causing me pain. I now am amazed and appreciate at how effective the baby is because the pump is killing me. 

Again, I hope everything goes really well tonight!

We are going to try going out to a late lunch with my parents and M today. I am pretty nervous, but once we start driving he tends to like being in the car seat and we can keep him in it in the restaurant. He's done well at the pediatrician and supermarket in the car seat (no fussing), both mobile and immobile situations, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

hola.gifAndaluza (36) & dh (39), married 11 years! babyboy.gif M 8/23/12.  One cat.gif

#18 of 101 Old 09-16-2012, 12:01 PM

Welcome Brenda and MaineCoastMama! Congrats to you both! As Sparrows said, the Bagingo threads really are wonderful, and I hope you'll stick around!

Brenda, I also married and divorced young and had NO interest in having children with my first husband--and, at the time, I thought that meant I had no interest in being a mother, period. Finding the right person to have them with made all the difference. smile.gif

Sparrows!!! Any news yet?

#19 of 101 Old 09-17-2012, 04:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Thinking of you, Sparrows! I hope all is going well (or has gone well!) and you are able to relax and enjoy some downtime with your little one. You deserve it, mama!

Welcome Brenda and Mainecoast. As Sparrows said the BJC (bajingo juice club) is a great community - I really  enjoyed having people my age dealing with trying for #1 in the TTC thread and feel a bond with them. It's nice to have a couple April babies due here - I'm due May 9 and am looking forward to sharing this journey with you both.

AFM, this weekend I became an aunt! Our SIL was due in mid-October with #1, but the baby had other plans ... she arrived at just shy of 35 weeks at a healthy 5 pounds and with great lung function. We visited them in the hospital and it was good to see SIL so happy and baby so young. I think BIL is still trying to fit having a daughter into reality, but he will come around. It's nice to think about next summer when we can spend parent time together. DH is already planning a trip with his brother to the park they went to a lot as kids.

Have a good week, everyone!

K and B, happily married partners.gif since 2005 and proud parents of one rambunctious C-monster babyf.gif
#20 of 101 Old 09-17-2012, 04:54 PM

Ugh, I was 9wk yesterday, and seem to have been sicker than ever since! *pout*

Annnnd...my DP is young. Very young. Like, just turned 21 a bit over a month ago. bag.gif He also lives in another state. I *was* going to move there, but a 1st pregnancy is a big enough change!  I need to be where I know how to get around, with people I know & that will support me. I can't be stuck out in another state, with only DP to support me! And...I liked his mom when I met her, but now that I'm pregnant & he's moving here...I think she's miffed & taking it out on me/us?  Like, stupid petty things, such as deciding she needs to use the phone RIGHT NOW when I literally called less than 2 minutes previous. Or deciding to start talking to/demanding things of him when she realizes I'm on the phone.  When we told her about the pregnancy, she said "Well, you know, the most important thing for you right now is to be with the father of your child"  (??!) and in the background I heard DP say "Yeah, I'm moving there" & there was a little sputter, silence, then a changing of the subject.

I dunno, it's not as though it's her first gkid, or even her oldest kid having one (his older brother already has 2 children, one just a few months old).  I don't know. I don't know if it's just her menopausal symptoms making her completely batshit crazy, or what. Poor, DP - surrounded by hormonal women no matter where he looks! ;)

I'm trying to relax, I had 4 days of bright red spotting - 1 quick spurt once per day, but alarming nonetheless. It hasn't happened today, so that's good. :)  I really really wish my partner were with me right now, though.  It's wicked hard to not have him by my side!

It's also hard, because not only is he really young & I suspect hasn't put a whole lot of thought into the 'having a baby/being a parent' thing, I've been working with children for 20 years and have some rather firm ideas about the process.  Of course, I'm open-minded, but...I dunno. I'm pretty staunch about bf, cd, family bed, etc. I haven't figured out exactly where I am on the vax subject, but I'm also very anti-circ. I'm desperately hoping for a girl, to avoid the topic altogether (at least for now!). He also wants to name his son after himself (he's named after his father), and I was named similarly to my mother (mom's Brenda, I'm Brendalee) and I *HATED* it growing up. Also, I feel like DP's name is, well, DP's name! I don't want to give it to my child, it belongs to him! *lol*  So, we'll just have a little princess, and not have to worry. ;)

Well, eating's been difficult for me today, so I'm going to try to force *something* down & go rest! :)

SPARROWS: what's the good word, darlin'??!?

#21 of 101 Old 09-21-2012, 08:23 PM

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)

Welcome Brendalee and Mainecoastmama! Congratulations on your pregnancies and I hope you enjoy our little thread, it's a great group of mamas.

Still waiting for news of you, Sparrows, and hoping you had a great birth and are enjoying time with your little guy.

Actually I think the term "bajingo" is from the TV show Scrubs. I am not a fan but someone in the thread a year or so ago was and we all liked it...

ecstatic about BFP #2 after another round of Clomid,
TWINS!
EDD 2/15/2015
thrilled to welcome #1 after 17 months of ttc, 1 round of Clomid

DS LG  08/03/12
#22 of 101 Old 09-22-2012, 05:13 AM

Hi

I am 33, got my BFP August 14, been TTC since New Years. Still have no idea how far along I am, not even the midwife could tell. Have an ultrasound scheduled for Friday to find out, I can hardly think about anything else. Baby should be due sometime in Spring 2013, we think...

it is driving me crazy not knowing! Anyways, just wanted to say hi.

I feel a bit lonely being pregnant in my 30s. Most the women I work with are all in their 20s and have 1-2 kids already, and are sort of different kind of people. No planned pregnancies, different lifestyles, different life choices... ya, the works.

so, hi everyone
#23 of 101 Old 09-22-2012, 01:14 PM

Glad this thread is still up with new BFPs!   Welcome ladies.

Thinking of you Sparrows.....

AFM

I've been really busy balancing work and motherhood.  Had a lovely trip up to see my sister last weekend.  We went after both girls were asleep.  I highly recommend long drives at night with kids.

Metreehugger.gif College Literature Professor reading.gif(36) and DH (35) married 7/05, together since 1/99; Mom to two lovely and fierce little girls: DD1 2/06 and, after 18 months TTC (and a couple years NTNP), DD2 born 7/3/12!  Dedicated AP parent who is for selective (most) vaccination.

#24 of 101 Old 09-22-2012, 01:39 PM

Hello to all newbies!

I've been absent for a while, just so busy with work while pregnant and all that.

Boots, what's up?!  he's a cutie pie!

sparrow, may be too late at this point, but Evening Primrose Oil caps....my midwife group included a page on this and I began taking it at 36.4 weeks, eager to make my cervix ripen.  i am convinced it made a difference for me.

ROSE was born tuesday, september 18th, at 5 lbs, 11oz.   !!!

joy.gifbabygirl.gifjoy.gif

my water started leaking 1 am, then contractions started an hour or so later, I tried to "sleep" thru them and went in to be checked at 9 am....things weren't too extreme, so I was preoccupied with "what if i'm not dilated enough" etc.   which was silly, because midwife told me

i was "beautifully" dilated 3 cms and she could see hair!  i was too excited..

we went to start admission, because she told me i was gbs positive, but i'd be mobile once they administered the first dose by iv.

they poked me to get blood for silly reasons (records) and when contractions got harder i had to ask my bro in law, dad's very loud and excited girlfriend, and therefore dad to wait outside.

i kept feeling i had to push but thought it was too early...we were left alone a lot because they had another woman pushing.

hubby was great, trying with comfort measures, (we did Bradley) but i just wanted him to hold on to me and be quiet.  my dad got some video before he left room, you can see hubby sighing when i told him to just stop trying things.

when midwife checked, i tried to convey i was felt like pushing, she confirmed it was good to go (cervix was all dilated) and she sent in another midwife and nurse, who were great.  hubby said it was 8 pushes total, and what made a huge difference was 1.  stopping worrying about pushing with my butt and 2.  asking for a mirror.

when she came, i watched in the mirror, he held my leg, and out she came and i had her and pop! the umbilical cord broke and spattered blood!  i didn't care at that time because she was here!

she is just such a lovely little person and i expressed colostrum into her mouth constantly the first 24 hours....she's such a little cutie with a tiny mouth...i got some help from the lactation consultant to make sure everything was going well and she said the expression is excellent for milk production, and she gave me a nipple shield, which helped Rose figure out how to suck and be successful, and within another 12 hours, stopped using it.

now she eats well, squawking at my breast a lot before she latches well, and today she had her first yellow/brown seedy poop!  so excited about her eating and pooping! 

everyone has been over at our place, driving me a bit batty, but they've also helped a lot and been very good with her.

and that's our story, i guess!

am i supposed to put this in birth stories?  i feel better posting it here...to help our bajingo ladies catch a glimpse of a successful, totally natural birth with a 36 year old body!

much love to all of you.  i'm going to try to be better with posting!  hard to find the time!

dog2.gif Early childhood teacher, animal rescuer, guardian to 2 dogs and 2 cats.cat.gifjoy.gifOur little kumquat Rose is here!  Born 9/18!  joy.gifbfinfant.giffamilybed1.gif

#25 of 101 Old 09-22-2012, 05:28 PM

Cathelini, I loved your story. Very inspirational but also honest (I can see myself saying the same thing about family after the baby is born). Thanks for sharing, and congrats on baby Rose:)

#26 of 101 Old 09-22-2012, 05:51 PM - Thread Starter

tiphat.gifWelcome Trickster!!!!  Congratulations!!!!

flowersforyou.gifCongratulations Catheleni!!!!!flowersforyou.gif

Welcome Baby Rose!!!

#27 of 101 Old 09-22-2012, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Baby Augustus Neale was born on September 17th at 11:19pm 8.0 lbs 19 inches!!!!!!

We are over the moon in love with our little baby.  We spent 3 days in the hospital and came home Wednesday night.  We are all healthy, he is breastfeeding and latching like a champ.  I was in labor for about 24 hours including all contractions.  His bilirubin was slightly elevated but we did not have to do anything about it.  My milk cam in on day 2.5 and he has been a tired boy because he eats quite a bit, however I am not really on the every 2 hour board the hospital recommends, I like to wait until the baby gets hungry and roots.  I had him vaginally- pushed for 15 min, and did not tear at all, it was a lovely birth- we had skin to skin and he he cam out and looked right at me then settled in and on his belly he found my breast and latched perfectly.  We had an hour and a half to coo over his beauty- he looks exactly like my dh and has a full head of real wavy hair, and steel blue eyes so who knows what color his eyes will end up.  I am so happy as a new mommy- I will share my whole birth story in a few days- Thank you all of the support and love over the last 6 months I used so many of your stories in my thinking process and have learned so much on this thread 

heartbeat.gifheartbeat.gif

#28 of 101 Old 09-23-2012, 12:53 AM

Congratulations to sparrows and catheleni!!!

sparrows - beautiful story!
catheleni - I can sympathize about the family thing. I hadn't even thought about the family and delivery thing, but the more I think about it, the more apprehensive I get. I don't think I would survive if my MIL came for the birth. She lives abroad, and while she is a lovely lady... she drives me up the WALL!

and thank you for the warm welcomes.
#29 of 101 Old 09-23-2012, 12:24 PM

Catheleni and Sparrows, congrats and much love to you both!!!

Welcome Trickster!

#30 of 101 Old 09-23-2012, 02:19 PM

Hi everyone! Wish I'd found the Mothering forums back before I was pregnant... :) I am 34 years old, my husband is 40 (so we were definitely ready to get going on a family :)), and I'm 13.5 weeks pregnant with our first. I'd been charting since January after going off BCP, and when we finally started trying in late spring, we caught it on the second try. Hooray!!!

I'm looking forward to getting to know a bunch of you better. I've been enjoying my Due Date Club group too, but as someone pointed out earlier in this thread, it's nice to have a space to find other people in their 30s having their first kid.

Catheleni and Sparrows, congratulations to you both, and I love hearing the birth stories!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page