42 and scared to death - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-13-2012, 07:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello everyone. I have never posted on a forum before, but here goes.
I have two children, 18 and 15. I had two miscarriages before my oldest and one after my youngest. I remarried last year.
I just turned 42 and I am pregnant for the 3rd time in less than 6 months. (My ob tells me that says a lot about the quality of my eggs, but thats not very reassuring) I had two missed abortions that started with cramping and bleeding right around 8 weeks. Both pregnancies started with all the normal symptims and then they just faded away. I am now 6 weeks, 4 days pregnant again. Having all the normal symptoms again, plus a few I didn't have the last two times. I am trying not to stress this time, but its very difficult. I haven't made my first appointment yet because I am scared to. I'm just reaching out to see if anyone else has been in a similar situation. Guess I am looking for a little but of hope in the midst of the despare I am feeling right now.
I apologize for sounding so bleak. Thanks for any advice and feedback.
#2 of 5 Old 09-13-2012, 09:42 PM

no advice but a hug

: wife to DH, mom to DD (2004) DS (2005) DS (2007) DS (2009)

#3 of 5 Old 09-14-2012, 05:18 PM

I am 41 and 5 wks pregnant after two miscarriages (at 12 & 10 wks) so I understand the anxiety you are feeling.  For the first time in pregnancy I had my beta hCG tested this time around.  Even though it's still so early, seeing the number rise significantly has given me a boost of confidence and hope.  I will likely have at least one more draw to check in before I see my OB at 11wks.  Perhaps that simple could help ease your fears as well?  Having to surrender control is one of the biggest lessons these experiences have taught me.   

Staying distracted by things that bring me pleasure has helped me stay remarkably calm all things considered.  I've been biking every day, gardening like crazy, writing in my journal more often, and listening to encouraging podcasts.  From a law of attraction standpoint, I think it's extremely important not to fixate on the outcome you don't want. Stay grounded in the moment and lift yourself up by any means that works for you. 

hug.gif

treehugger.gifdh + geek.gifme + biggrinbounce.gifdd 9/06 + rainbow1284.gifbabyf.gifdd 5/13
#4 of 5 Old 09-17-2012, 05:36 AM

Thank you so much for your words of encouragement - I'm also 41 and expecting my 2nd child in January.  After suffering two miscarriages last year (one at 7 weeks and the other at 8 weeks), I can't begin to tell you how emotional I've been the last 5 & 1/2 months.  Although the pregnancy has been fantastic thus far (thank God), I can't help but to think the worst due to my history.  I'm a seriously a nervous wreck!!  If I don't feel the baby move, I panic like crazy.  I say my prayers every day and ask God to PLEASE take over I can't do this alone.  I continue to keep busy at work, home, and making every effort to exercise.  So far so good (fingers crossed). 

Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy!!

#5 of 5 Old 10-18-2012, 07:47 AM

I know this thread is a month old, but I am wondering how everyone is doing? I'm 44 and 12 weeks pregnant. I had my last child at 41 and that was after 3 miscarriages in a row.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page