What is the difference between pre/prodromal labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-26-2012, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey all! Can someone explain the differance to me?

I'm also wondering when most care providers would want to called?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 08:36 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

I'm bumping up your post for attention. bump.gif Anyone have experience to share? In terms of when to call your hcp, can you just ask your provider what she/he would like?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 10-01-2012, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There is a really good, older, thread on this board but I can't do a search right now.
Try searching the pregnancy forum for preterm labor.
The thread had some great advice from some very knowledgable women and they also touched on prodromal labor, so you can probably find the differences in there.

winner.jpgfamilybed2.gifsewmachine.gifcd.gif Homeschooling, happy, messy-housed mama to my 2 wild boys fencing.gif 10/05 and 9/08, and my sweet little girl babygirl.gif 2/13 and blessed to be married to the best guy for me since 12/96.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:57 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

All I can share is my own prodromal labour experience. For the last 3 weeks of my pregnancy with dd I had good, solid, timeable contractions for 3-8 hours every single day. I went to the hospital twice during that time thinking it was time & both times they confirmed I was indeed having contractions - they did not seem to be able to tell anymore than I that this was not it. It was exhausting & frustrating. I tried everything I could think of get them to keep going (or stop - depending on the day!) but really nothing seemed to affect it much - I kind of just had to let it run it's course for the day & rest as much as possible in between.

Fwiw - it is NOT the same as braxton-hicks. If I lied down or took a warm bath it would not slow or stop. They were absolutely timeable & predictable.

Surviving sleep deprivation one day at a time with dd (Oct '11) & ds (Oct '08).

User Tag List