Maybe someone whose pregnant can help me?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-27-2012, 08:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First of all I'm not exactly sure when I ovulate?? My husband and I are trying for a baby but are not going to go crazy trying lol. We had sex on sept 2nd and then on sept 12th I got my period. But not like my normal one. It was very heavy for two days and then it just stopped. They usually last about 4-5 days. So of course I thought "well maybe" and took a HPT (I think I knew it would be negative but had to know for sure and yes it was negative). On Sept 23rd we had sex again (it would be more, but my husband lives/works out of town). 2 days after having sex I began having cramping and have to pee a lot more than normal. At first i thought maybe it was a bladder infection?? But there is no burning feeling and my pee actually looks healthier than normal (sorry for the added info) I took a HPT again yesterday but still says negative. This morning I'm starting to feel pukey and have a headache and my face feels warm. My next period isn't due until oct 7th but this waiting is taking over my mind. I'm going crazy wondering. So long story short, did any of you feel like this, this soon after sex and find out that you were pregnant? Also I've read that it could be me ovulating, but not once can I remember having mid-month cramping. Let alone cramping that has now gone on for going on three days now. I'm 36 so I have been getting my period for 20+ years now (wow that makes me feel old lol) Any info would be sooo helpful. Thanks
#2 of 2 Old 09-27-2012, 10:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anything is possible. In retrospect, I started having this weird blurred vision thing in one eye shortly after I conceived (of course I didn't know it yet) and actually went to the optometrist because it lasted several days. He couldn't find anything wrong, looking back it was probably my blood pressure starting to adjust. When my period was late I was shocked because I didn't have any other pregnancy symptoms and wasn't expecting a positive test (after 4 yrs of trying and negative tests). What you described can happen that early for some, for others they don't feel much different until about 6 weeks in. My cousin got pregnant on her month long honeymoon and had nausea instantly and spent half of their travels with morning sickness. It can vary a lot.  I would say if you want to you can start testing 2-3 days before your period is due, some tests are sensitive enough to pick it up that early, just depends on your hormone levels. The 2WW (week wait) is no fun! But you can always take prenatal vitamins if you aren't already just in case :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page