TMI ALERT: abdominal pain and brown stuff - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-03-2012, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last night I suffered some serious abdominal pain, and it is still somewhat present. I am trying to figure out is it gas or a UTI (trying to hold intention it is not the worst case scenerio.) ... Yesterday morning I participated in some marital relations and thought it could be that. It was pretty sore (still is tender) but realizing it hurts more when I have to go to the bathroom (hence why I suspect a UTI). It is in the middle of my uterus and toward the front (maybe the pain is my bladder but I am placing it in my uterus?)

Maybe it feels more like I did an intense core workout and some pain in the pelvic bone.

Then this morning I had some light light light brown discharge (light in color and quantity)...

I know this could be normal, just wondering if any other mama's have had this experience so I can ease my mind. (I am chuckling as a certified doula I am still a little freaked out in my internal process, much harder to reassure myself!. I have had several losses before my DD- about 7 years ago,)

TYIA  

hang.gif  WOHMama to dust.gifDD (July 2008) and coolshine.gif DS (May 2013); wife to DH sleepytime.gif.

Live your life, like your life depends on it. joy.gif         

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-04-2012, 10:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

How far along are you in pregnancy? If you are nearing the end, it could be some of your mucous plug coming out. If it's still early on, you may have just torn a little bit while having sex. You may also want to contact your midwife/OB just to rule out placental abruption. I had that when I was pregnant with my first. It didn't turn out bad at all, and I gave birth to a healthy girl full term, but it's good to know these things! :)

CDing, BFing, CSing, Loving mama to Maya Lily (10/15/2009), and married to my best friend on October 31, 2009!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page