Telling DC1 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-05-2012, 08:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When and how are you planning to tell your first children about the pregnancy?

My DD is 4.5yrs, and REALLY looking forward to having a little sibling. She's also not quite able to understand the concept of time; still asking when her birthday will be here and that not for 6 months. Also she doesn't understand the concept of keeping it a surprise from her grandparents until much later when we're far enough along to tell the rest of the family. At what point in your pregnancy did you or are you planning on telling your other children?

Also, I'm looking for cute ways to tell her. Thought of getting her the big sister shirt and a book. Other ideas? What did you do, or are planning on doing?
Thanks!
#2 of 2 Old 10-06-2012, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We told DSS when I was 15 weeks.  If we didn't live in such a small town, we would have waited a bit longer.  (We had started telling our friends and work and his mom would have heard through mutual friends and we wanted him to hear it from us, not his mom.)  He just turned 7, but his sense of time is still a little wonky.  It's a long time to wait.

We didn't do anything "cute".  Well, his dad tried, but it was a huge failure (I had knitted a pair of baby socks that matched a pair of adult socks I had given DP when I told DP the news - he showed the baby socks to DSS and asked him who he thought they were for... Obviously he had no clue...)

We are reading a book together called "What to Expect When the Baby Arrives" and it's going well.

Last night DSS told me I should swallow a small toy so that the baby has something to play with twins.gif.

hang.gif knit.gif chicken3.gif treehugger.gif Kristin, partner to eat.gif Ron who came with DSS7 kid.gif

heartbeat.gifOur first arrived March 2013!! nocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page