Enlighten me on weaning off progesterone supplements - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 10-06-2012, 10:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I am 10 weeks now and I have enough suppositories to last me for 2 weeks if I take them everyday but I have heard weaning off is better than stopping cold turkey. Any advice?

Edited to add: I am only on one suppository a day. I am not sure the dose.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

#2 of 4 Old 10-06-2012, 07:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

During my first pregnancy, I stopped at 11 weeks (no weaning off them).  It didn't cause a problem.  I was taking 6/day vaginally and 2/day orally.  During my current pregnancy I stopped at 9 weeks (with no weaning off them).  Also no problem.  It does always make me nervous, but it has never seemed to be a problem. And it is so nice to be done with them =) Good luck. 

#3 of 4 Old 10-06-2012, 09:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When I was on a low dose with a different pregnancy, I didn't wean off, I just stopped at 13 weeks (would have preferred to go to 14 but had a yeast infection that took priority!).

This time, I'm on a really high dose despite having naturally fine progesterone.  So I am weaning off this time (12 weeks).  I am not comfortable stopping a high dose cold turkey, or early on. 

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#4 of 4 Old 10-07-2012, 09:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Well, I skipped them yesterday and I don't know if it is in my head or what but I thought I maybe felt a bit crampy. I am also really constipated so I can't tell what it is for sure. I would really like to be done with them, though. Maybe sometime this week I will get up the nerve to just stop. It is such a low dose anyway.

belly.gif1***5****10****15****20****25****30****35heartbeat.gif***40babygirl.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page