Calling all babyname nerds! Help me name this twin! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 120 Old 10-28-2012, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I have read the whole thread but can't recall if this one was mentioned:

Cordelia

I saw it on a naming thread on another site, and it jumped out at me for you!

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#92 of 120 Old 10-31-2012, 06:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I also love the name Alaia (Ah-lie-ah)

#93 of 120 Old 11-02-2012, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Oooh, I love Cordeila, but DH is completely against any names that were in Buffy :(

So, right now, we can agree on this:

Adaline Sarah Zoller (this is our DD) 

Eleanor Wendy Zoller

Calliope Mae Zoller

So: Adaline, Eleanor, and Calliope

or

Ada, Wendy, and Callie

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#94 of 120 Old 11-02-2012, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

Oooh, I love Cordeila, but DH is completely against any names that were in Buffy :(

Grey's Anatomy is okay, but no-go on Buffy, huh?  Must be a Patrick Dempsey fan ;)  I have no frame of reference for Buffy, so that was not on my radar at all. Bummer. Cordelia is an awesome name!

I do like Ada, Callie and Wendy.

hearts.gif(6), energy.gif(4.5),  diaper.gif (2) and  IT'S A babygirl.gif!!!!  ~9/24/12~ vbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#95 of 120 Old 11-02-2012, 05:42 PM

I think Eleanor is great!

Also, he does know that Buffy was a long time ago, right? Very few people would make the connection.

treehugger.gifQueer Not-A-Mama-Yet, here to read and lurk until it is time to have the babies...

#96 of 120 Old 11-02-2012, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

I just watched the whole entire Buffy last year, so it's pretty fresh on his mind :) We've never seen Grey's Anatomy.  Which name is that?

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#97 of 120 Old 11-02-2012, 05:51 PM

Quote:

I really like Matilda, Beatrix and Eliza.

We have discussed using Elizabeth as a middle name. It's really funny that I have SIX great aunts on that list :) Southern old lady names!

Matilda Rose

Beatrix Elise

Evelyn Elise

Alice Elizabeth

Natalya Olivia

#98 of 120 Old 11-02-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:

So, right now, we can agree on this:

Adaline Sarah Zoller (this is our DD) 

Eleanor Wendy Zoller

Calliope Mae Zoller

So: Adaline, Eleanor, and Calliope

or

Ada, Wendy, and Callie

So it's either Ada, Ellie and Callie or Ada, Wendy and Callie. You're considering Wendy Eleanor then?

#99 of 120 Old 11-02-2012, 06:17 PM - Thread Starter

We aren't considering "Wendy" as a first name, although it will likely be the name we call her. I dont like it as a first name because I dont think it goes well with Calliope and Adaline.  I wonder how it will be if two girls are called by their first names, and she is called by her middle name. Does anyone have experience with calling only one child by their middle name? 

Also, I totally wouldnt have a problem calling her Eleanor if that seems to suit her better or if she wants to be called that. 

But, we do like "nora", "ella" , and "ellie" as nicknames for Eleanor. DH has yet to mention that "Eleanor Wendy" reminds him of "Eleanor Rigsby" and Im hoping he wont notice that it is similar because he vetoes everything that reminds him of anything! 

SIDS happens. 

#100 of 120 Old 11-02-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:

I just watched the whole entire Buffy last year, so it's pretty fresh on his mind :) We've never seen Grey's Anatomy.  Which name is that?

Oh, gotcha. Callie (Calliope) Torres is the ortho attending on Grey's. She's a current character on the show. Or at least thru most of Season 8, as I am watching it on Netflix and haven't made it through the end of that season yet ;) 

I DO like the suggestion of Matilda for you as well, nn Tillie? My DD has a friend named Matilda, and she is just a DARLING little girl.  Adaline, Calliope and Matilda/Ada, Callie and Tillie...

#101 of 120 Old 11-02-2012, 06:36 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:

We aren't considering "Wendy" as a first name, although it will likely be the name we call her. I dont like it as a first name because I dont think it goes well with Calliope and Adaline.  I wonder how it will be if two girls are called by their first names, and she is called by her middle name. Does anyone have experience with calling only one child by their middle name? 

Also, I totally wouldnt have a problem calling her Eleanor if that seems to suit her better or if she wants to be called that. 

But, we do like "nora", "ella" , and "ellie" as nicknames for Eleanor. DH has yet to mention that "Eleanor Wendy" reminds him of "Eleanor Rigsby" and Im hoping he wont notice that it is similar because he vetoes everything that reminds him of anything! 

I love Nora as the nickname of Eleanor with the other names!

Single mama namaste.gif to dd dust.gifand ds fencing.gif, loving my dsd always reading.gif .
#102 of 120 Old 11-02-2012, 06:51 PM

Yep, I had a vetoer too!

#103 of 120 Old 11-02-2012, 07:04 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy O'Mara View Post

Yep, I had a vetoer too!

It's so hard to pick names with a DH like that, isnt it? It's crazy! He wont come up with names, just vetoes them. He did come up with Wendy, which is why Im trying to incorporate it. 

SIDS happens. 

#104 of 120 Old 11-02-2012, 07:08 PM

My 2 cents, and I tend to be rather blunt:

I know some people think Wendy is a nickname and not a name in its own right, but I've never been in that camp and I don't think that MOST people hear "Wendy" and think it's supposed to be short for something and can't stand by itself. It's like Nathan, which could be short for Nathaniel but could also be a name in and of itself. 

I don't put all that much stock in sibling names "matching". They are all individual people with individual identities. My main concern would be having names that seem to have wildly different feels, so later someone doesn't ask "Mom, how come you named my brothers Dylan and Mike and I'm Persephone?" I don't think Adaline, Calliope/Callie, and Wendy are so far off as to lead to much of that. (I have an ex-boyfriend with an off-the-wall first name and I always thought it was weird that his older brother got a totally normal name. I mentioned that to my sister, Honor, and she said "Oh, yeah, I wouldn't know anything at all about that." I always thought my name was a little odd, as it was more common in our mothers' generation, but Honor is a lot MORE odd. I'm not seeing anyone in your set later thinking "Why do I have the weird name and my sisters have normal names?")

I'm not in this camp personally, but I know some people whose parents gave them a middle name intending from the start to call them by that name find it frustrating and wish their parents had put the names the other way around. But maybe some don't care. That may be worth collecting opinions on before deciding one way or the other. 

#105 of 120 Old 11-03-2012, 09:07 AM

My middle name is Odell, so I've been called Dell since elementary school. My first name is extremely common so friends started calling me Dell.

I love it as it's rich with family history (I am a fifth generation Odell; my daughter is a sixth).

It does get very confusing, though, to go by a middle name when you are trying to do business. This includes hospitals, work, banks, etc. I definitely wish my parents had just made my first name Odell smile.gif

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#106 of 120 Old 11-03-2012, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

I had an ex-boyfriend who went by his middle name (Dan) instead of his first name (Brian). We always knew when the telemarketers were calling because they'd always ask for Brian X.

Me (34) (PCOS), DH (36) and DD1 (3) and DD2(1). We are going to go for a third. Now, will we succeed?
#107 of 120 Old 11-03-2012, 07:30 PM

Me, again smile.gif

Was Linden on your list? I only ask because I just visited with a Linden who is called Lindy. Such a sweetie pea and I love her name. It feels like a modern version of Wendy to me.

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#108 of 120 Old 11-04-2012, 08:51 PM

I don't think these have been mentioned:
Penelope
Callista
Athena
Anastasia
Emilia
Livia
Julianne/Julianna
Margot/Marguerite/Margo
Lillith (although your husband may not be comfortable w/the story behind this name)
Marina
Kerenza
Gwyneth
Gemma
Jacinda/Jacintha
Amalia
Georgina
Willow
Paloma
Valeria/Valerie
Tatiana
Elena/Elaine
Ruth
Diana/Diane
Sabrina
Veronica
Lucia/Luciana/Lucilla
Anya/Ayla
#109 of 120 Old 11-04-2012, 09:29 PM

Forgot to add:
Leta
Leah
Isla
Isadora
Isobel/Isabel/Isabella
#110 of 120 Old 11-05-2012, 10:56 AM

How about Marjorie?

I'm personally not a fan of giving a child a middle name you intend to call them by, I think it just results in a lot of confusion. Sometimes it happens naturally, but when done on purpose I always wonder why that name wasn't the first name. And I'm not one who cares if names go together, I just don't want them too close, though I can see if you had one that was very different from the rest, it might seem odd. I guess that probably isn't helpful! We are going to wait until we know the genders to pick names for our twins and I think it is going to be hard to pick names!

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#111 of 120 Old 11-05-2012, 05:34 PM

Sabrina?

treehugger.gifQueer Not-A-Mama-Yet, here to read and lurk until it is time to have the babies...

#112 of 120 Old 11-07-2012, 03:14 PM

Quote:

This made me laugh a lot ! Dang, so you can't use Glory?!

heartbeat.gif rainbow1284.gif wife (31) + wife (37) rainbow1284.gif heartbeat.gif & our three sons  bikenew.gifbabyf.gifbabyf.gif
#113 of 120 Old 11-07-2012, 05:00 PM

Just wanted to add that I have a friend(male) who has 2 brothers. His name is unusual and his brothers in the then top ten. He doesn't like his name and wondered why him...

I think Adaline and Calliope are adorable, unusual(to me) and would make me think. Sorry, not Wendy. I see Wendy got a lot of likes. I just don't feel it but that's what makes the world go round:)

I gave up a middle of Aurora which went perfectly with my daughters 1st name because my husband wanted a middle name Jessica???? I regret it. He has never since mentioned that he got his name!!

All the best!

selectivevax.gifbfolderchild.gifdelayedvax.giffemalesling.GIFhomeschool.gifnocirc.giffamilybed2.gifcd.gifsurf.gif     t.v. free  

Living happily on a little island in the sun
#114 of 120 Old 11-11-2012, 01:19 PM

This has been a fun thread to read through. I love so many of these  suggestions.  :) One I haven't seen here is Lysandra. It is a Greek name, so kind of goes with Calliope, but is still different. 

I think that regardless, once you get used to the names, you'll love them because they are your babies names. :)

I have an Annalise pronounced Ahnalees which would also work. Good luck with your choice. 

#115 of 120 Old 02-01-2013, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

I just wanted to update this :) Thanks for all of your suggestions and opinions. We are happy to announce the birth of Calliope Jane and Eleanor Wendy. Thank you all!

SIDS happens. 

#116 of 120 Old 02-01-2013, 04:13 PM

Congratulations! The names are beautiful - as I'm sure are the girls joy.gif
#117 of 120 Old 02-17-2013, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetestday View Post

My faves are Susannah (Susie), Evelyn (Evie) , Talitha (Tilly), Caroline (Carrie or Cara), Laurel (After a dear friend that was actually a guy, who died when I was a teen.) 

Wow Talitha is my middle name which I go by (Tilly) and I just love it. It's unique, feminine and easy to spell.

My first name is Phoebe. There is your Greek goodness and it goes with Calliope somewhat. Just wanted to chime in. wink1.gif

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

#118 of 120 Old 02-17-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:

I just wanted to update this smile.gif Thanks for all of your suggestions and opinions. We are happy to announce the birth of Calliope Jane and Eleanor Wendy. Thank you all!

Oh dear I'm a bit late. Loving this thread tho. Congrats mama-- Eleanor and Calliope are both lovely!

geek.gif Mama + superhero.gifDaddy +energy.gifDD (12/20/09) = heartbeat.gif

Expecting stork-girl.gif #2 in September!

#119 of 120 Old 05-04-2013, 07:40 PM - Thread Starter

I always think of this thread when I think of my twins' names and I thought I'd come and post a pic for you guys.

le

It's Wendy on the left, Callie on the right- 14 weeks. 

swede and kathymuggle like this.

SIDS happens. 

#120 of 120 Old 05-04-2013, 09:09 PM

They're adorable!! Congrats smile.gif
I just read through the thread, and wanted to add that my parents always called me by my middle name, but my brothers by their first names. I've never found it odd or confusing- I like that I go by my middle name.

Great choices, btw smile.gif

chicken3.gif mama to two teens and two tots partners.gif madly in love with DP guitar.gif

Tags
Baby Names

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page