Super itchy belly, HELP! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-18-2012, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
AHHH my belly itches so bad!! It is so itchy that it wakes me up at night. My midwife says it isn't PUPPS because my hands don't itch. I have tried lotion, coconut oil, benedryl cream and a steroid cream to get it to stop and nothing works. It almost looks like an allergic reaction because it hives up. I don't know what to do, I cut my nails so i would do less damage to my skin, but my belly is almost bruised it is so bad.
HELP!

Mommy to 3 boys, Collin 9, Tobias 3, Xander 1 and Our first girl!

#2 of 6 Old 10-20-2012, 12:21 PM

Your hands don't itch with PUPPS (if your hands and feet were itchy, it might be cholestasis) Is it all over your body or just your belly (if it's just your belly, then it's not PUPPS either)? I'd try Grandpa's pine tar soap (made for skin issues like eczema), or oatmeal baths. Ice packs maybe? Good luck. I had PUPPS with my first, and a mild case this time, and itching during pregnancy is just miserable.

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#3 of 6 Old 10-20-2012, 01:52 PM

I had PUPPS on my hands and feet. I had the PUPPS spots from my neck down to my toes. Is it everywhere or just your belly? PUPPS kind of goes everywhere except your face. 

Wife to a wonderful husband, mom to 5 amazing boys, 2 m/c and Knox Cornelius our 5th son born at 15weeks 12/3/2011, Lillian Faith our 1st daughter, born at 14 weeks May 19, 2012 (Turner Syndrome). 

#4 of 6 Old 10-22-2012, 05:38 PM

I wasn't clear, I was meaning the palms/soles of your hands and feet =) Obviously it can be on the back of your hands and tops of your feet (and even in between fingers and toes-which is awful)

Mama to a wild thing (10/08) and a new thing (8/5/10) and wife to the love of my
Typos+weird words=typing on my iPhone
#5 of 6 Old 10-25-2012, 07:04 AM - Thread Starter

It is only on my stomach and no where else. It gets all hived up too. I will have to try the pine tar soap. My midwife recommended Dandelion root so i have been trying that, but it isn't helping much.

Mommy to 3 boys, Collin 9, Tobias 3, Xander 1 and Our first girl!

#6 of 6 Old 10-26-2012, 08:05 PM

Oof I could've written this post. My back in actually itchier and I have no idea why. Have you tried aloe vera gel? Calendula balm? Both are calming.

Jean, feminist mama raising three boys: W (7), E (5) and L (2.15.13)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page