should i be worried about labor issues - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-19-2012, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
since i have a different placenta and it was hard to detect the baby should i be worried about issues because hes toward my back and im carrying high
#2 of 3 Old 10-19-2012, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What do you mean by different placenta? If you mean anterior (in the front) you shouldn't have a problem. I had an anterior placenta and had a four hour labor. I have heard that women with posterior placenta have a slightly higher chance of having a posterior (face up) baby and that can make labor harder, but I think the chances are only slightly higher. If you have a low lying placenta there could be an issue if it gets too close to the cervix.
#3 of 3 Old 10-20-2012, 12:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Generally the placenta is only an issue for labour if it overlies or is very close to the internal os, as the PP said.

If you have an an anterior placenta it can make it hard to feel and hear the baby initially. This is because the Doppler or foetoscope can't selectively hear the baby's heartbeat, they just pick up whatever is closest. So, the placenta is often easiest to hear at first. This generally changes as the baby gets bigger though so by the end of the second trimester it's usually pretty easy to hear and feel them.

If you want to give any more info about your placenta I'm happy to be more specific if I can.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page