Accuracy of sex at 16.5w? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-23-2012, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just called the place where I had a (more accurate) sex u/s with DD (she was shy at my OB appt) and they told me to come in at 16.5w which is a week from today. Has anyone here had accurate finding that early on? Was it certain or were you left unsure? Has anyone had the totally wrong results given?

This place does guarantee they will give you a 100% answer so if they aren't sure I can go back at no cost. The scan is $50 which I feel is worth knowing... Also, I'm impatient and don't want to wait another 4-5 weeks.

I'm anxious now for sure!

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#2 of 6 Old 10-24-2012, 05:59 AM

I have heard that people are getting gender scans much earlier these days, so I guess they must be relatively accurate. That said, I know several people who got a wrong result from the 20-22 week scan, so I can't imagine how an earlier scan could be 100% accurate.

Mi vida loca: full-time WOHM, frugalista, foodie wannabe, 10+ years of TCOYF 

R-E-S-P-E-C-T spells BRAND NEW User Agreement!!

#3 of 6 Old 10-24-2012, 07:58 AM

I found out that DD was a girl at 15 weeks.

A, jammin.gif mama to a boy (2005) and a girl (2009)
#4 of 6 Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mosaic - I have been hearing that the later people wait to find out the harder it is because the baby gets more cramped and it is more difficult to get a good look. Maybe that is why people are looking earlier? Either way, if they aren't blatantly sure I can go back. I hope it's obvious when I go though. 

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#5 of 6 Old 10-24-2012, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokonon View Post

I found out that DD was a girl at 15 weeks.

Wow! Awesome and congrats =)

#6 of 6 Old 10-24-2012, 09:02 AM

When I was pregnant with DS, I had to be admitted to the hospital for hyperemesis just before I was 16 weeks along.  The midwife on duty did a u/s at the end and asked if I wanted to know the sex.  I did and she pointed out the little boy parts that were barely visibly.  She did caution me that it was not 100% given how early it was, though. 

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page