anyone have pregnancy tests go lighter one day but darken up again the next. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-27-2012, 02:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got a faint pos. at 9dpo, the same at 10 dpo, a bit darker at 11dpo and a good line at 12dpo and then this mornings test at 13dpo  is light again like it looked at 11dpo.  I am afraid this is a chemical pregnancy as I had one back in 2010 and the lines never got darker then eventually got lighter. I am grasping at straws hoping to hear this has happened to others.  I know it won't change the outcome but I need some hope.

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#2 of 8 Old 10-27-2012, 04:33 PM

It's possible. It could easily have to do with the concentration of your urine or the dye variation in the test. It is also possibly a chemical. Be patient and my fingers are crossed for you. I hope you got a sticky bean :)

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#3 of 8 Old 10-28-2012, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post

It's possible. It could easily have to do with the concentration of your urine or the dye variation in the test. It is also possibly a chemical. Be patient and my fingers are crossed for you. I hope you got a sticky bean :)

Agreed. I nearly made myself crazy with testing everyday for over a week and comparing the tests all in a row. Sometimes it just comes down to dye variation and it's nothing to be concerned about. I'm now over 25 weeks with a very healthy (rainbow) baby and had some variation between how dark the lines were. I'm sure that you'll probably test again in the morning but if you get a solid line, my advice is that you stop testing every morning and just look to the test whenever your feeling unsure.

Also, unless you know that you're at greater risk for a reason you didn't list, one chemical pregnancy does not usually increase your odds of having a second one, though I'm sure it makes you more nervous about the lines. Try not to drive yourself crazy about it - chances are good that everything's fine and if they aren't there really isn't anything you can do to change it.

Hope everything works out for you!

#4 of 8 Old 10-28-2012, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

this mornings test at 14 dpo is even lighter so I am pretty sure this is a chemical.  My strongest line was 2 days ago at 12dpo and it has just gotten lighter and lighter since then so I am thinking there must be something wrong with the embryo. All my pregnancies had progression in the line and this seems to be going the opposite way.   I am just going to wait a few days and see if AF arrives and if not I will test again.

SAHM slinggirl.gif married to my loveblowkiss.gif we have 2 boys superhero.gifJames(5/24/05)  bouncy.gifJustin(4/5/08) and our little princessdust.gifRowan Jane 12/17/10  expecting #4 belly.gifJesse Rhys stork-boy.gif due Sept 4 2013  homeschool.gif

#5 of 8 Old 10-28-2012, 04:06 PM

:( I'm sorry. Keep in mind lots of pregnancies are chemical, most women just don't know because they aren't watching their cycle and testing early. I had a chemical last fall and then a 12 week miscarriage right after that. Both were hard. And now here I am in the last month of a normal pregnancy. *hugs* Take care and I hope next time you'll get a sticky.

attached to DH superhero.gif 10/03, DD1 blahblah.gif 8/06, DD2 bouncy.gif 12/07, DD3 energy.gif 5/09, DD4 slinggirl.gif 11/12

#6 of 8 Old 10-29-2012, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post

:( I'm sorry. Keep in mind lots of pregnancies are chemical, most women just don't know because they aren't watching their cycle and testing early. I had a chemical last fall and then a 12 week miscarriage right after that. Both were hard. And now here I am in the last month of a normal pregnancy. *hugs* Take care and I hope next time you'll get a sticky.

I have been having an ongoing conversation with a friend of mine about how bittersweet it is to have a baby in this day and age - it's nice to be informed but there was so much less stress when women couldn't know if they were pregnant so early and didn't know about all the things that could go wrong.

hug2.gif

#7 of 8 Old 10-29-2012, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

AF showed today so it was a chemical pregnancy.  I am relieved to not be left in limbo so on to the next cycle.....

#8 of 8 Old 10-29-2012, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teles View Post

I have been having an ongoing conversation with a friend of mine about how bittersweet it is to have a baby in this day and age - it's nice to be informed but there was so much less stress when women couldn't know if they were pregnant so early and didn't know about all the things that could go wrong.

hug2.gif

Thanks :) I've said something very similar to that on another TTC board. We torture ourselves with early testing and no patience. Of course those two miscarriages (I had another chemical about two years prior to the other chemical last fall and then the 12 week on top of that) didn't stop me from testing 8dpo with this pregnancy :p So I still didn't learn my lesson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen&james View Post

AF showed today so it was a chemical pregnancy.  I am relieved to not be left in limbo so on to the next cycle.....

*hugs* so sorry. I sure hope you have better luck this month!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page