Horrific Acne + Erythromycin Rx + Pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-29-2012, 10:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is anyone else using Erythromycin for preggo acne, or am I the only person around who needs it that bad??

Wanting to share some other experiences to feel a little bit 'not alone' in this horrific battle against the most overwhelming, painful, and out of control acne.

Help.

#2 of 6 Old 10-30-2012, 08:36 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I had this problem last time, and used topical erythromycin.  Worked fine.

#3 of 6 Old 10-30-2012, 05:58 PM - Thread Starter

Topical, why? and how long did it take to work?

#4 of 6 Old 11-02-2012, 08:37 AM

I am 19 weeks pregnant and have been dealing with horrible acne from the start.  Nothing seemed to help, just irritated it more.  I saw a dermatologist and he prescriped me erythromycin topical ointment and the antibiotic.  You are not the only one out there :( I know it sucks.  I have only beeen using it for 2 days so I will let you know how it works.  Good luck, hang in there

#5 of 6 Old 11-03-2012, 07:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpday514 View Post

I am 19 weeks pregnant and have been dealing with horrible acne from the start.  Nothing seemed to help, just irritated it more.  I saw a dermatologist and he prescriped me erythromycin topical ointment and the antibiotic.  You are not the only one out there :( I know it sucks.  I have only beeen using it for 2 days so I will let you know how it works.  Good luck, hang in there

Im sad to hear your dealing with this too, but grateful to not be the only preggo gal out there that doesnt have gorgeous skin. Doesnt it seem like allllll the other preggo gals have gorgeous skin!!!?

Im 18wk 4 days and too, have dealt with not just lots of zits, but cystic like, rash like, inf lammed, painful serious acne that itches like you cant imagine. Or maybe you can. But me too, everything else just irritated my skin more.

Im on day 10 of Erythromycin, oral. My skin is too scorn to do anything topical.

So far, there hasnt been much of a difference. I feel like the texture of the acne might be lessening but in the most minimal way that I dont feel safe saying that things are getting better. I wear layers of makeup and it looks slightly smoother to other people, but to me, its still terrible.  But Ive heard it takes a month to 8 weeks.

My skin is also scarlet red. Just tortured. Painful. It almost reminds me of someone who has shingles.

is any of this ringing a bell with you? Please keep me updated on your progress. And best of luck.

#6 of 6 Old 11-06-2012, 10:08 AM

Belli Skin Care does an Anti-Blemish Facial Wash.  It will clean out your pores, doesn't dry out your skin and it contains lactic acid which will exfoliate and cleanse your skin. It's safe for you to use while pregnant and after too.  Give it a try, hope it helps you, because acne can be horrid to deal with, especially when your pregnant.  You can find it on line or at Buy Buy Baby, Ulta and Dermastore.com.  Let me know how it works for you. 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page