Can you say it is a boy? Please opinions!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-30-2012, 08:21 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone!

Here's a pic of my baby in the 13th week (foetus 11 weeks old). The doctor did not say it would be a boy or a girl, they don't usually say it in Germany before the 16th week. She said I could use my imagination, nothing else. Could this protuberance between abdomen and legs be a penis or the umbilical cord? I was confused about a penis, because it seems to be to big/long for this stage. What is your opinion???

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2012, 09:37 AM

I think it could be a loop of the umbilical cord... It looks a little too good lol. I would wait until your next scan - but then again, I'm a surprise kind of mom so the suspense for me is half the fun :-). Remember that US are not 100% for gender determination so don't get too carried away. Good luck; LO looks perfect joy.gif
Old 10-31-2012, 11:02 AM

If you google photographs of babies at 13 weeks - actual pictures, not ultra sounds, you'll see that up until about 14 weeks BOTH sexes protrude from the body and look nearly identical. Around the 14th week they start to take their distinctive shape and by the 16 week, a really really good (ie 3D/4D) u/s can usually show the differences but "regular" u/s still might not.

Looks like umbilical cord to me thumb.gif

Cari bfinfant.gif Family Business Owner Married to my HS Sweet-Heart Michael photosmile2.gif
Mama to Bridgitt read.gif (12/99) Rheannon joy.gif (05/04) and Meridith energy.gif (07/08)

and Griffin baby.gif April 2, 2013

User Tag List