Prenatal and controlling my temperature! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-30-2012, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they think is the best prenatal. Right now I am taking "Just Once" it's in the health food aisle, and is a food-based prenatal. I prefer food-based, and organic. Here is the link:

http://www.celiac.com/glutenfreemall/rainbow-light-prenatal-glutenfree-multivitamin-tablets-p-2380.html

Has anyone else tried these? Or have other brands they like?

The next thing is my temperature! I feel like I have a fever constantly. I am on fire, but if I get out from under the sheets, or take off clothing, I immediately get a feeling of freezing and get goosebumps (although I know that I am still on fire). However, my feet and hands usually are actually cold. Anyone have advice on how to help manage this? It's just awful, and maybe it will pass after my body is done running a marathon (creating embryo). I am on week 8 now. I just hate living like this, I'm losing sleep over it. In fact, I have woken up in the middle of the night shaking (like low-blood sugar shaking) because I overheated. I have sensitivities to overheating in the past that would result in a migraine and throwing up all day. So I am careful not to wear too much clothing or have too many blankets at night, for fear of getting a migraine. I got blood work done and it all came back perfectly normal, and my Dr. checked everything. So this is apparently how my body is reacting to being pregnant irked.gif

I also just got the book "What to expect when you're expecting." Hopefully I can get some answers along the way...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 10-30-2012, 01:45 PM

Rainbow Light is a very good pre-natal.

As far as body temperature I had the same problem for several weeks but it did pass.  Sorry that I don't have more suggestions.  I would try to eat a snack with some protein before bed to help your body a bit if you do feel it's related to low blood sugar.

Quote:

I also just got the book "What to expect when you're expecting." Hopefully I can get some answers along the way...

This book is very popular and some women seem to really like it.  For me personally, I found it to focus WAY too much on what might possibly go wrong.   I stopped reading  it and got rid of it.  I haven't read it personally but i think I remember some other MDC mamas suggesting the Dr. Sear's Pregnancy book as a more balanced resource.  Not trying to be negative, just wanted to warn you.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#3 of 3 Old 10-30-2012, 09:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBabyMaker View Post

Rainbow Light is a very good pre-natal.

As far as body temperature I had the same problem for several weeks but it did pass.  Sorry that I don't have more suggestions.  I would try to eat a snack with some protein before bed to help your body a bit if you do feel it's related to low blood sugar.

This book is very popular and some women seem to really like it.  For me personally, I found it to focus WAY too much on what might possibly go wrong.   I stopped reading  it and got rid of it.  I haven't read it personally but i think I remember some other MDC mamas suggesting the Dr. Sear's Pregnancy book as a more balanced resource.  Not trying to be negative, just wanted to warn you.

I am completely new to anything kids/babies/pregnancy/etc. Thanks for giving your opinion on Rainbow Light :)

Thanks for the suggestion of eating a protein snack before bed. Maybe it was low blood sugar? All I know is that I was on fire when this happened, and thought it may be due to overheating. I will try eating before bed and see if this helps. I'm glad yours was only for several weeks... hopefully I can say the same soon! ;)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page