Due date tomorrow, already lost mucus plug, may have lost bloody show??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-06-2012, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all. Tomorrow, nov 7th, is my due date. We are planning for a homebirth and really want our little one to come when she's good and ready (i can't lie though, i'm getting very impatient and anxious). I lost my mucus plug about 2 weeks ago, had a midwife appointment a week from yesterday, she said i was one cm, over 50% efffaced, head is engaged, basically all systems are a go, just waiting for my hormones to kick into gear. ... I'm rambling

anyways! I was using the bathroom earlier and when i started to pee i felt a "plop!" in the toilet and when i looked, it looked similar to my mucus plug, maybe very very very very lightly tinged brown but not obviously brown or pink at all. anyways, i'm wondering if anyone could say if that could be my bloody show?? I'm just getting a little crazy at this point waiting to go into labor so sorry if this thread is a little incoherent and ramble-y. :D

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2012, 07:37 PM

This is wayyyy tmi but my bloody show looked like a huge glob of bloody snot. My mucus plug was more like a clear glob of snot tinged with brown. Sorry for the grossness lol. It seems to me like maybe you have lost more plug (it can regenerate so you can lose it over and over again). I was losing my plug for about a week before DS was born but I had my "real" bloody show about three hours before I went into labor. Hopefully it will be soon for you! Good luck!

Old 11-06-2012, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

thank you, that makes a lot of sense! no problem with the tmi... i am "tmi tai" lol

Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 AM

That could have been bloody show actually. Each woman is different and a brown spot in the mucus is old blood and counts at bloody show. It doesn't have to mean much though. I think it sounds like your body is gearing up. I lost a bunch of mucus plug for around a week before delivery with my last baby.

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

User Tag List