Ear issues while pregnant.. What to do? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-13-2012, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone. The weekend before this last I caught a pretty nasty cold that came with the wonderful sinus pressure fun. I relied heavily on hot showers and a netti pot to get me through that first bit but the congestion is still lingering with me over a week later.

My main issue is my right ear. It's not blocked sound wise and it doesn't hurt, however it sounds like someone very small is standing inside with a sheet of plastic, wobbling it back and forth. Does that make sense? It's like a low thumping that is sporadic but happening quite a lot. It woke me up and kept me up last night. It started the first weekend I was sick but stopped for a while and now it's back worse than before.

I called my OBs office and they told me to take a sudafed but that did absolutely nothing. I'm at a loss for what else to do at this point so I thought I'd try asking here before calling back to my doctors office. 

I'm 18w4d

Thanks in advance.

Tiffany love.gif , wife to DH geek.gif, mom of DD1 10/09 energy.gif, DD2 4/12/13 baby.gif, and two dog2.gif
#2 of 3 Old 12-13-2012, 10:51 AM

I get sinus problems pretty frequently and a lot of times it come with ear issues as well. I always use  Wally's Ear Oil whenever I have  ear problems and it always helps. Its an all natural product so I never worry about using it during pregnancy either.  I usually just put a drop or two in each ear before bed when needed. Hope that helps!

Wife to my True Love since 8/03, Mom to DS 9/06, DS 5/08, DD 6/10, DS 11/11, and one on the way!

#3 of 3 Old 12-13-2012, 10:52 AM

Oh and I forgot to mention, you can order it online, but I usually get it locally at a health foods store like Whole Foods.

Wife to my True Love since 8/03, Mom to DS 9/06, DS 5/08, DD 6/10, DS 11/11, and one on the way!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page