Natural Birth Practices - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-15-2012, 04:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello ladies! congrats on your pregnancies! I am almost 4 months...and already seeing a midwife,  planning a water birth at my house in May! I am interested in doing a lotus birth (umbilical non severance) and also not giving the baby his/her first bath until the vernix has been absorbed into its skin. I love all things natural and alternative to western thought.....my question is, aside from umbilical non severance and not washing the vernix off of the baby - what other practices in natural/holistic birth are there? anything else you can add?

thanks a lot and congrats again (-:

love,

Heidy

#2 of 2 Old 11-15-2012, 05:20 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just wanted to mention that you don't have to go all the way to lotus birth, you could just wait until an hour or few hours after the birth before cutting the cord, but of course that is totally up to you. I wouldn't want to worry about dragging around the placenta personally and it dies off a short while after the birth. We cut our last baby's cord after maybe 15-20 minutes? It was definitely limp anyway and I had already delivered the placenta. 

Other things would be not vaccinating, not giving vit. K, some say that putting a hat on actually makes it more difficult for the baby to regulate their heat than leaving them hat free. Skin to skin contact. That's off the top of my head. I hope you have a wonderful birth! :)

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page