Mothering Forum banner

New to the boards:)

464 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Starfish11 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm 8 weeks and 4 days pregnant. This is our 3rd baby and we couldn't be more excited. For some reason though we couldn't be more nervous and anxious waiting to have the NT scan done. Then we'll be able to breath and tell our families. Anyone else stress over this? We're both in our early to mid 20's.

Just thought i would introduce myself!!

#2 ·
Congrats on number 3 :D My third baby was such a sweet little guy, so very special!

We don't do the NT scan, but I have always felt nervous up until 12 weeks and have greatly preferred to wait for that point before telling everyone! DH doesn't like the wait so it's tough, but it gives me peace of mind :)

#3 ·
Welcome and congratulations! I'm about 5 weeks along with our second (just got confirmation today!) and I'm both thrilled and terrified lol. Somehow I'm very confident in this pregnancy (I'm in my early 30's) but I'm worried about going from one kiddo to two. My 19 month old still nurses to sleep and I'm worried about how she will take not having me all to herself.
I stressed over the anatomical US at 20 weeks with DD but somehow I'm not worried this time. the best I can do is to tell you that your odds of a healthy pregnancy are very high and the more you can let go and trust your body, the easier it will be. I know it's hard to do but undue stress isn't good for the pregnancy anyhow. I hope you feel better soon
smile.gif

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies! My DS and DD are only 18 months apart. I had some fears and guilt, but they are the best of friends now! I think it will go better than you expect:)

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to relax and realize that this is all completely out of my control so it's pointless to worry. I promised myself I would stop googling things that could go wrong lol. In my 1st pregnancy I was worried until I heard the hb. They didn't even do NT scans in 07. With my second I was pretty confident and had a minor worry right before the NT. With this one I feel like I've learned about way too many things to worry about! Ugh.

Thanks again!

#5 ·
Welcome! Google is not my friend either. I always go to the worst case scenario so if we have a third i am going to do my best to avoid it like crazy My first two are 17-months apart. They have their moments but most of the time their affection and loyalty to each other is breathtakingly beautiful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.