Natural help with depression/stress during pregnancy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-17-2012, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

In the past I had some minor issues with depression.  Nothing I ever needed pharmaceuticals for but I was a lot better if I took 5-HTP.  I've been doing fine for several years with out anything.  Lately things have been pretty crazy and I'm feeling like I need some help.  I was doing ok until last week when some family problems broke the camel's back so to speak.  DH's impending job change is also not helping.

From the info I have found 5-HTP isn't recommended during pregnancy.  Is there anything else I can take during pregnancy?  I know things like yoga and what-not are good but I just feel like that's not enough right now.  Thanks.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2012, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

When I was pregnant with my first, my midwife suggest St. John's Wort. I think it takes 1-2 weeks to build up in your system before you truly begin to feel the effects. It's an herb, and safe to take during pregnancy, it's also non-habit forming. Tincture is best. Rainbow Light sells a chocolate flavor for those who can't stand taking strong tasting tinctures.

Married to my favorite backwoodsman tiphat.gif since 2010, DS1 nut.gif in 5/11 and expecting #2 in 7/13...Crazy about homeschool.gif lactivist.gif novaxnocirc.gif familybed1.gif femalesling.GIF homebirth.jpg uc.jpg cd.gif hang.gif knit.gif sewmachine.gif

User Tag List