What's in your maternity wardrobe? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 11-17-2012, 05:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I gave everything away after our second. We thought we were done. So I've started my collection over. I've asked a friend if I can borrow her tops. She has about 4... I have,
2 short sleeve
1 tank
2 long sleeve
1 pair of jeans
And all of hubbies shirts when I don't need to look nice;)

I'm a student and will be pregnant for a graduation, grad party, dance recital, a few holidays, and absolutely dinner dates:)

What does everyone have? I like to show off my round bump so I favor ruched shirts... But I need more than just that

TIA!!
#2 of 8 Old 11-17-2012, 07:50 PM

I also gave away or sold most of my maternity clothing! But it wouldn't be in season anyway because I had two summer babies and this one's coming in Feb. I did however keep a nice pair of maternity jeans that I plan to give to my sister when the time comes... definitely enjoying those right now. Up until recently I was able to make do with non-maternity shirts/tanks that were longer, paired with pants (using the rubber band trick) or elastic waisted skirts. I have now invested in three cheapish and plain Target maternity shirts. They are basically long-sleeved tees in neutral colors that go with everything. I can still wear a lot of my old skirts, and pair those with leggings and/or knee high socks and legwarmers. I still wear my old cardigans for warmth, but would like to add some maternity sweaters as I get bigger and it gets colder outside. I have a few cropped sweaters that I got at H&M before being pregnant that I wear with longer tanks (instead of sexy high rise jeans like I used to!). I also have some maxi dresses that have worked well for me. 

I definitely like showing off my bump with tight tops because I think I look better that way. I'm also known to wear DH's old teeshirts but I just kinda look frumpy in them!

Jean, feminist mama raising three boys: W (7), E (5) and L (2.15.13)

#3 of 8 Old 11-17-2012, 09:57 PM

We also thought we were done after our second so I gave mine away too.  Luckily, SIL had gone through them and I had saved some things for her but not sent them yet.  So I still had several pairs of pants, my favorite dress, a couple skirts and a few shirts.  Aside from that I have tried to keep an eye on clearance mostly.  I picked up some tanks and tees on clearance from Target and Kohl's.  I also have a few dress that i can wear pregnant or not.  I love cardigans since those can be worn pregnant or not.  Most often I wear maternity jeans with a tshirt and cardigan.  I do love dresses for those days that I just don't want anything touching my belly.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#4 of 8 Old 11-18-2012, 08:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm currently in the second trimester, so a lot of the time, I can still wear some of my regular clothes, except a lot of the pants are starting to be phased out.

I saved my maternity clothes from last time around, but a lot of them are for a different season, so I can't wear them right now. 

I had to get some new stuff, and managed to catch a couple of clearance sales at department stores, and got real lucky at a thrift store one day (which almost never happens--usually all the stuff they have is waaaay too small for me).

So currently, my faves are:

Maternity jeans

Maternity pants (khaki style)

Maternity pants (black)

A stretchy maternity skirt

A maternity cardigan that I saved from the previous pregnancy

XL sized non-maternity T-shirts (normal size is Med/Lg)

#5 of 8 Old 11-18-2012, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

My friend and I are roughly the same size, so we have a bag of maternity clothes that we've passed back and forth (so far, only twice), but it's gotten added to. 

Favorite item: Gap maternity jeans.  Super flattering and very comfortable.  (Con - spendy)

Others: Lots of sun dresses from Old Navy, a few dresses from Target that are stretchy enough for third trimester and nursing after, leggings, yoga pants.

We were both pregnant in the summer, so there are only a few sweaters, etc.  Maternity leggings would be awesome in winter, I'm assuming.

Beautiful baby girl born 8/13/2012. Little star baby lost at 10 weeks pregnant, 12/18/2013. Currently due 12/13/2014 with a rainbow.
#6 of 8 Old 11-22-2012, 10:18 AM

I am living in my maternity tights....like honestly, I don't find anything else comfortable to wear. I'm wondering if I am going to be stuck in them when I am not pregnant anymore LOL. I have also been dealing with chronic back pain from this kid, so I've invested in a good pair of back pain shoes which is supposed to cure back pain

#7 of 8 Old 11-23-2012, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Who makes good maternity tights? I would love to get some to wear with dresses. Something that isn't see through and that has some support.

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#8 of 8 Old 11-24-2012, 10:26 AM

I'm on my first and living in:

Maternity Black Pants

Maternity Jeans

Comfy workout black pant-shorts 

4 Ruched tops

2 Maternity cardigans

4 Non-mat (but longer) work tops

From my cousin:

2 Nice Maternity Work tops

Maternity dress (has been great for nice dinners out!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page