Best scented pantyliner - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-20-2012, 12:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking for a good, natural, scented pantyliner that works. I know it sounds weird, but I have an insane amount of discharge and it does not smell, well....like roses. TBH, it's become quite a problem and I've been let know (very gently) that it's not just my pregnant nose that is smelling it. bag.gif

I talked to my OB about it, and she tested to make sure that there is no amniotic fluid leaking, and tested for BV and yeast, and nothing. I just have a really strong smelling discharge. At this point, Im going through 4-5 pairs of underwear a day without a pantyliner in. I dont have enough pants/panties to do that, so I have to have a pantyliner. 

I cant change anything about my diet right now, as Im pregnant with twins and eating a crapload of protein. Im avoiding sugar, caffeine, and most bread right now to avoid any appetite loss and yeast problems. I just have about 10 weeks left, and I need something to soak up the discharge and to not be stinky. 

I used to use Always pantylines that were wingless and pretty thin. They were always very comfortable, but I'd like something that was natural instead.  I loathe cloth pads, or really pads in general ( I use a keeper normally), so they are pretty much out. Plus, Im struggling to get laundry done as it is- being 29 weeks pregnant with twins makes going up and down the steps harder than normal. I'm currently pretty much living in yoga pants these days, so Im looking for something that is not bulky at all. 

Any suggestions? 

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#2 of 7 Old 11-20-2012, 03:06 PM

maybe some mama cloth with essential oils on the underside - between your panties and the cloth? Or a cotton square with eo on it? I'd be afraid of any "scented" anything you could buy in a drug store.

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#3 of 7 Old 11-20-2012, 04:35 PM

What about just sprinkling some baking soda on your cloth.  That's probably what I'd do.

What about cornstarch (Is that stuff ok?  I don't know, don't use it for me or baby).

Mother to 6

12, 11, 9, 6, 3, 1

Pray, Hope and Don't Worry

#4 of 7 Old 11-20-2012, 06:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks guys, as I said in my op, I really can't do cloth right now. I need something that doesn't add to my already overwhelming amount of laundry.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#5 of 7 Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 PM

Ok. I would still get unscented liners (organic non bleached) and add some eo to a cotton square or the underside of the pad.

radical homemaking/living, homesteading, organic gardening, open minded mama to two amazing little ones 3/2010 and 9/2011 and expecting #3!!!! 5/2013.

#6 of 7 Old 11-21-2012, 06:55 AM

I would try baking soda and/or EO too on an unscented pad, i think it would work better than anything you could just buy already scented .. maybe putting some kind of naturally scented baby powder on your girl parts might help too .. that may also help protect your skin ..i always get skin irritation after a while when the crazy discharge is going on..

- Staci, Mommy to Mollie (3/06), Jamie (5/08), Annie (9/10) and Bently (2/13) chicken3.gif
#7 of 7 Old 11-21-2012, 03:51 PM

I hope you have found something by now. I do have two great products to recommend.  One is mine and one is a product that i found while researching my products.

Mine is Afters Sex comfort Liners.  - though you may not need it for after sex they would be very suitable for you.

They are 100% cotton, washable and thin.  check out my website www.afters.net.au

The other product is called WomanlyWays.com.au  these are herbal and scented liners,  quite an experience.

Llet me know how you go. regards helen,  Before think Afters.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page