Birthing on Camera LIVE Streamed - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-21-2012, 10:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So my hubby & I have some BIG news! We are excited to announce that we have been given the opportunity to bring awareness about natural childbirth & inspiration to mothers across the world in a huge way! To show how beautiful & empowering birth can be we will be LIVE streaming video of our BIRTH online. Yup, I just said I will be birthing my baby at home & the world will be able to watch it live! A national childbirth education company, is making this event possible. This cause is really close to my heart. Giving women birth options, educating & empowering women during the childbearing years, and bringing awareness to the treatment of women and infants in childbirth, including the overuse of drugs and interventions, and lack of informed consent, is a basic women's rights and human rights issue.

So this is not to be a "Show Off" but to bring awareness to what birth can be, make a difference in the birth movement, and to also bless MANY women in my area in the long run with more options by bringing an amazing maternity & wellness center here to my area. There is a bigger picture here other than showing off my adorably cute baby #4 ;)!The reality is, when you feel called to do something you're passionate about, sometimes you have to be brave to make the biggest impact! :)

If you would like to join the facebook event page so you can follow along & to read more about our mission please message me. I dont think I am allowed to post links here?

My friends and family think I am CRAZY!?! LOL ! I could truly use all the support from like-minded mamas! Thanks!

Nicole

nicole, wife & very blessed mom of 2 fun boys '03 & '05 & sweet girl '10. 2ndtri.gifDue 1-6-13 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#2 of 4 Old 11-22-2012, 04:31 AM

This is super! It's wonderful to be able to be such a visible advocate for something you believe so much in--congrats!

Walking in the light with DH, DD (11/08), DS (4/10) , four dogs, and one insouciant cat.
#3 of 4 Old 11-23-2012, 12:31 PM

Awesome! I just watched a live home birth this summer on The Leaky Boob.

Amee + James (1998) =
Amethyst (May 2002)
Asheby "Bear" (November 2006)
Abbott (January 2011)
Atlas (March 2013)
#4 of 4 Old 11-23-2012, 08:27 PM

Congrats Nicole!  That sounds very exciting!

hang.gif knit.gif chicken3.gif treehugger.gif Kristin, partner to eat.gif Ron who came with DSS7 kid.gif

heartbeat.gifOur first arrived March 2013!! nocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page