Mothering Forum banner

Anterior placenta question.

676 views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Bena 
#1 ·
If you had an anterior placenta, when did your partner start to feel the baby kick???

#2 ·
He only felt it a few times and it was later, but I don't remember exactly when. Is this your first pregnancy? If so, I have to tell you, you'll need to have another. My first was a normal, posterior placenta and it was so different than with my second anterior one. With my second I could only feel movement on the very sides of my bump, only along like an inch wide vertical band. There were lots of wonderful things about carrying my second, but I felt so much less.

#3 ·
DH felt our second baby ( anterior placenta) kick at 19+3. Our first had a posterior placenta and he felt her at 17 weeks.

It probably depends on exactly where your placenta is and the baby's position but by the end I could see huge, rolling limb movements so it didn't seem to affect my sensation too much. It was probably harder to feel anything in the second trimester when she was smaller though.

#6 ·
Quote:,
Originally Posted by rubidoux View Post

He only felt it a few times and it was later, but I don't remember exactly when. Is this your first pregnancy? If so, I have to tell you, you'll need to have another. My first was a normal, posterior placenta and it was so different than with my second anterior one. With my second I could only feel movement on the very sides of my bump, only along like an inch wide vertical band. There were lots of wonderful things about carrying my second, but I felt so much less.
no, second also, and like you, the first one was a posterior placenta and by this time (23 weeks) DP was definitly feeling the kicks. This time around, I can feel movement and have for a while now, but not DP. He's getting a little antsy, and wants to know when he will! To ease him, I told him I'd run and unoffical poll of the MDC ladies to see what the consensus was!
wink1.gif

#11 ·
I don't recall for sure what I had with my first but this is my second and I'm anterior. At 20w+ I have days where I feel the baby like CRAZY and then a few days where I hardly notice anything at all. I have had this starting since approx 13 weeks. DH has not been able to feel the baby from the outside yet but it's been so sporadic that I haven't even caught much from the outside. It's mostly been noticing that my arm moved a little after the fact. Nothing has been regular enough for me to have him feel.

#12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMommy View Post

Interesting anterior placenta seems to be more common with second babies? My first was normal and my second was anterior placenta. I felt movement later with my second compared to my first as well as my husband couldn't feel movement until around 20 weeks.
This is very very fuzzy in my memory, but I do recall hearing/reading that your chances of anterior, as well as placenta previa, increase with each pregnancy. But like I said, this definitly needs to be verified!!!

For the moment, I'll just have to tell DP to hold on and be patient!!! It doesn't help either that this baby is kicking very low...most times I feel him in my cervix and blader, as opposed to higher up close to my belly button. Maybe I should go stand on my head for a while!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.