positive test and no symptoms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-26-2012, 06:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I tested positive today, and I was supposed to get my period today.  This would be my 4th child.  With the other 3 I had symptoms before I missed my period, even if they were faint...sore breasts, nausea, cramping, being tired.  With this one--nothing at all, in fact I only took a test b/c I didn't get my period today!  I did not expect a positive!  While I'm actually really happy, in the back of my mind I feel like I should be cautious, the last pregnancy I had a year ago ended in miscarriage at 5 weeks (but for the record I do not have trouble getting pregnant, this month was really a once-in-a-million chance type of thing since up to now we have not been trying).  Should I just remain cautious esp b/c of the lack of symptoms and not tell anyone for awhile?

#2 of 3 Old 11-26-2012, 08:33 AM

I think caution is up to your comfort level. Symptoms are fickle and while you had three pregnancies that felt similar, it doesn't mean this one will feel the same even if it's a very strong and viable pregnancy. I'm about 7 weeks along with my second and while I'm starting to get some symptoms, it feels significantly different from my first. Having three live births and one miscarriage doesn't make you high risk in my opinion to lose the next baby. More likely it means that your body recognized an unviable pregnancy and let it go in a healthy and necessary manner. I guess I'm saying follow your gut and announce or wait as you would if you had more symptoms. My current pregnancy is mostly making me sleepy whereas DD had me thoroughly exhausted and starving 24/7 at this point. If your instincts are telling you something is wrong that's one thing but try not to worry about feeling too good, KWIM?
#3 of 3 Old 11-27-2012, 04:22 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply, you are right and I should probably just enjoy feeling so good :)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page