Pregnant after m/c 2 months ago and septate uterus - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 11-28-2012, 12:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yesterday I took a home pregnancy test and it was positive.  I am happy, but afraid to get too excited because I just went through a miscarriage (at 6 weeks along) two months ago. 

With my first pregnancy, which resulted in our now 4 year old daughter, I had no major problems but my uterine septum was discovered about halfway through.  She was breech and delivered via C section at full term.

Anyone else out there have success stories with a septate uterus?  I need some positive stories and vibes...TIA

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-13-2012, 10:25 AM

I was told by my first OB that I have a septum in my uterus. She discovered it while performing a c-section with my first child. She told me that it was what made my labor unproductive and that I would probably always have to have c-sections to birth my babies. Well, 3 homebirth VBACs later I can safely say she was totally wrong. I have never had any problems during pregnancy or labor because of the septum. The problem with my first labor was caused by my doctor inducing me before my body was ready (she had told me I had pre-e, which I didn't). My babes do tend to turn head down a bit later than normal, but I've had great success with having a chiropractor perform the "Webster technique" on me. It helps to balance your uterus and ligaments and in my experience has turned my babies within 24 hours. I suppose the severity of the septum would make a difference in individual women, but for me it doesn't cause a problem.

Hope that is at least a little encouraging to you! God bless you and your little sprout! I just found out I'm expecting again too :)

Wife to my True Love since 8/03, Mom to DS 9/06, DS 5/08, DD 6/10, DS 11/11, and one on the way!

#3 of 3 Old 12-13-2012, 10:37 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the encouragement!  It turns out I had a "chemical pregnancy" a couple weeks ago so I am not pregnant anymore...doc said it was probably my body's way of telling me that I wasn't ready last month to be pregnant after going through a miscarriage.  But we keep trying! 

It is good to hear positive stories like yours.  I will have to look up the Webster technique.  Thank you and good luck with your pregnancy :)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page