What nobody tells you happens when you become pregnant. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-07-2012, 06:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighPF View Post

Sing it. I passed up a shot of pain relief for the stitches and it hurt so much I had to stop holding baby.
That I wanted those drugs sure went into #2s birth plan and it was so much better.

Or that my feet would swell after baby and I would have to come home from the hospital in socks, in January. Thank you IV.

That if you are worried about baby and poke them to wake up at 2 am, they do not just go back to sleep.

If my mother hadn't left her slippers behind when she visited two months earlier, I, too, would have gone home in socks! Fortunately, the slippers were her old, sloppy ones, and my feet barely squeezed in!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 08:32 AM

That 'morning' sickness can last all day every day right up until the birth.

That it's possible to want the baby but hate being pregnant.

That I would completely lose the ability to judge where my body was in space, so much so that I'd bump into people with my bump.

That I would find smells so strong that I'd be able to tell all sorts of things I'd rather not know about people (even whether they'd had sex that day.)

That I would be unable to cope with the smell of fruit or vegetables without being sick then worry for months about the effects on the baby of eating junk food.

That I would feel like I knew my babies long before they were born.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:44 AM

Nobody ever told me that sometimes the kicking hurts so bad from baby that you want to cut off your stomach, that trapped gas feels worse than severe menstrul cramps!

dust.gif Mother to two beautiful daughters (6, and a newborn) dust.gif

User Tag List