Bedrest with Cerclage - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-06-2012, 02:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I will be 23wks tomorrow with our second. We had a beautiful homebirth with our daughter with no complications. This time, at 19 wks we went for routine ultrasound and found I was dilating with bulging bag of waters. They did a cerclage and I spent 4 days in hospital with meds. Besides my "incompetent cervix", I also have an "irritable uterus" (such horrible terms).

I am on bedrest at home and can only get up to go to the bathroom and take a quick shower. I am also on progesterone suppositories. At my appointment on Monday, they found my stitch still holding but I was funneled to stich with bag bulging to stitch too. Doc says biggest risk is water breaking from pressure.

I have intermittent contraction throughout the day and generally feel uncomfortable in my low uterus when I move around. This baby is also very active, which seems to make it worse.

I am very concerned about taking anymore medications. But also very concerned about having this baby too soon. My anxiety is getting the best of me and I am constantly worried about my water breaking or my contractions dilating my cervix. Guess I'm just looking for some encouragement. I have so far to go...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hug2.gif I'm not sure I can offer anything but a hug!

Encouraging words: a lady in my office told me about her birth (~12 years ago) when she was ~24 weeks and while very scary at the time, her 12 year old daughter is alive and well and wonderful today.

Easier said than done, but I'd try and stay as relaxed as possible so to not put any "extra" stress on your uterus (you know how when you're stressed, your physical body is also tense?)

I'm sorry I couldn't help more.

hang.gif knit.gif chicken3.gif treehugger.gif Kristin, partner to eat.gif Ron who came with DSS7 kid.gif

heartbeat.gifOur first arrived March 2013!! nocirc.gif

User Tag List