Very dark very quick lines - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 12-08-2012, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
When I took mr 4 pee stick tests I was 4 weeks along. They came up immediately and stayed very dark. My friend came over and she's 7 weeks along and hers took a minute and is very light. Her period was a full 2 weeks before mine. Is it possible that I'm having twins? Or am I putting too much into this?

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#2 of 9 Old 12-08-2012, 03:39 PM

Different women just have different hormone levels.  While I can't say you're NOT having twins I can tell you my first two pregnancies produced fast, dark tests like that and they were singletons.

Becky- Wife to DH, Mama to "Nani" (July '08) "Coco" (July '10) and expecting one very wiggly baby boy in May 2013!

#3 of 9 Old 12-09-2012, 10:40 AM

I, too, produced very dark lines VERY quickly when I took my test (it was basically instant).  And there's only one in here.  I will add, when I took the test at my doctor's, the lines were very light, so it could be different hormones reacting on different brands of sticks...?

hang.gif knit.gif chicken3.gif treehugger.gif Kristin, partner to eat.gif Ron who came with DSS7 kid.gif

heartbeat.gifOur first arrived March 2013!! nocirc.gif

#4 of 9 Old 12-09-2012, 02:25 PM

I get very dark lines quickly too, and with almost all of my 11 pregnancies I start getting positives at 8dpo in the evening (so just barely even 3 weeks!).  I haven't ever had twins, though, but we've suspected them multiple times.

The quickest, darkest very early line I ever had was at about 6dpo (sure of dates) and it was DARK, like 9-12dpo dark, and it was an ectopic pregnancy.  So if I run into a situation like that again I will definitely be on my guard.

Me (27) DH (30)...9 Years

DD (7) ~ DD (4) ~ DS (3)

Praying our April 2013 baby sticks!! joy.gif

Babies in Heaven...angel.gif 9/04 angel.gif 2/05 angel.gif 3/11 angel.gif 4/11 angel.gif 6/11 angel.gif 11/11 angel.gif 2/12 (along with my tube greensad.gif )

#5 of 9 Old 12-10-2012, 06:47 AM

My peestick came up positive & DARK before it even got to the control window.  ?!!!?  That was a generic "plus sign" test.  This was Sunday, day 28 of my usual 25 day cycle.

Monday, a cheapy dipstick test at the clinic, which barely showed a positive line at all.

Tuesday, another cheapy-looking dipstick test at my OB/GYN's office - a very faint line & took forever to show up.

21wk with a single girl in the womb. :)  I think different tests just have different thresholds. :)

#6 of 9 Old 12-10-2012, 07:01 AM

Different women have different hormone levels, and also if your friend was drinking a lot of water her urine could've been more diluted.

#7 of 9 Old 12-10-2012, 08:59 AM

I don't think I would read into how dark the lines are on a positive pregnancy test. The fact is that if there is a positive, it means positive, no matter how dark the line is. Some women produce different amounts of hCG (which is the hormone detected in pregnancy tests). 

It is true that with twins, you will have higher levels of hCG. But that really depends on each person. 

I am now 20 weeks pregnant. When I first got pregnant (this time) I took a pregnancy test at what would have been 5 weeks pregnant. I got a negative. I took multiple tests during the morning for the next week and got all negatives. However, at 6 weeks, I finally got a positive pregnancy test, and that positive was still somewhat faint. 

Because I had a previous miscarriage in my first pregnancy and I had had so many negative tests, at the doctor, after seeing that my pregnancy test showed positive, my doctor ordered that we draw blood to check where my hCG levels were at. Of course, we had to check them after 48 hours as well. When I went back to have my blood drawn the second time, my doctor said that my hCG levels were REALLY low and that didn't indicate a viable pregnancy, but that we would check to make sure that they doubled. I remember him saying "if this is viable, you are really, really early! like 2 and a half weeks pregnant!" I knew that that wasn't right. Anyway, when the second blood draw came back, my hCG levels had, in fact, doubled in 48 hours. The next week, when we did a dating ultrasound (my doctor thought that I would be so early that we wouldn't see anything via ultrasound), we saw a 7 week 3 day old fetus! For whatever reason, I had produced a very low amount of hCG but I'm now 20 weeks and haven't had any complications. Lord willing, we will have our baby with us in April. 

belly.gif Bambi  

SO in love with DHread.gif

angel.gif remembering our angel baby 3/12

our little mister born 4/13. babyf.gif

#8 of 9 Old 12-10-2012, 05:33 PM - Thread Starter

Wow Bambihelton! Congrats on your baby even when the dr thought it wasn't viable! I guess the darkness of the lines really don't matter.

Married to a Navy man of 12 yrs.

03/02: 11/05: 01/08: 10-18-09: 10-31-10 and 7/22/13 with twins and just found out we're pos.gif again!!chicken3.gif

cd.gifslingboy.giffamilybed1.gifwinner.jpg

m/c '97 and in '03

#9 of 9 Old 12-13-2012, 12:32 PM

I am pregnant with twins and my pee test lines were lighter this time than with my singleton pregnancy, waited same amount of time and same brand, so I don't think I would put much stock into the darkness of the lines smile.gif

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page