Post Nasal Drip - AGH! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-11-2012, 09:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am about 5 weeks pregnant and yesterday I started some really bad post nasal drip. Overnight it got really bad & I woke up a few times overnight because my throat was getting really scratchy from it...

I read a lot about post nasal drip and stuffy nose as a pregnancy symptom. It is actually one I had a lot of interest & worry about because I had sinus surgery back in 2006. My ENT told me before I got pregnant that we will play it by ear (no pun intended) as far as my sinuses go when I do get pregnant (this conversations was about 2 months ago) since pregnancy can go either way with our sinuses. He had patients that completely cleared up during pregnancy, had others with no change at all and had others who got more congested...

I'm not really congested yet - just PND and runny. My question is... how long does this runny/post nasal drip thing last? 

I am already taking a variety of medications for my sinuses - all already deemed safe by OB:  Flonase AND Claritin (plus Singulair & Pulmicort for Asthma). So I don't want to *add* any medications. I can *deal* with it if I have to, but want to mentally prepare myself if this will be a long-term thing.

headscratch.gif

Living in my dream location on the Seacoast of NH  |  Happily married to my best friend since 2003 - heviolin.gifVERY well!

Proud momma to 2 kitties:   cat.gif(Caesar) and cat.gif(Cleopatra)  |  Avid jog.gif, artist, & knit.gif

"My Sport Is Your Sport's Punishment"

#2 of 3 Old 12-11-2012, 02:26 PM

I'm 24 weeks along and have had sinus issues (congestion/drip/sneezing fits/you name it) the Entire.Time.! It's been my most obvious and annoying symptom and has caused problems because even though the m/s is gone, I'm still nauseous from the PND. Hopefully it wont be so bad for you, but that's what I'm dealing with right now.

Cari bfinfant.gif Family Business Owner Married to my HS Sweet-Heart Michael photosmile2.gif
Mama to Bridgitt read.gif (12/99) Rheannon joy.gif (05/04) and Meridith energy.gif (07/08)

and Griffin baby.gif April 2, 2013

#3 of 3 Old 12-11-2012, 02:45 PM

I dont have allergies and didnt even have kleenx in the house before pregnancy.  However during pregnancy my nose ran non stop for no other reason than being pregnant.

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page