Braxton-Hicks the second time around - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-18-2012, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Is it my imagination or are they stronger?   I remember them from my first pg being more like a sensation that my uterus was getting hard, but this time around, they actually catch my breath away and I ofter have to stop doing what I`m doing and wait it out.  There`s no pain though, just a very strong feeling of tightening.

#2 of 6 Old 12-19-2012, 11:53 AM

It's actually common for them to be stronger or like me, I didn't feel any BHs the first time around, but this time yup I feel them. I honestly can't remember the reason, but yeah most pregnancy books I've read mention that BHs are often stronger or more noticeable (or noticeable at all) in subsequent pregnancies!

Katie trekkie.gif - Married to Mike 06/02/01, Mom to Sydney Anne born 11/21/09 and Alice Maeryn & Oliver Thomas born 04/24/13  hug.gif 

#3 of 6 Old 12-20-2012, 03:34 PM

I was just at my OB appointment, and I brought up BH, and she told me that they are frequently stronger in second pregnancies! Mine are particularly strong at night after work when I am walking back to my car. It feels like my tummy is a rock! When I get home and lie down, though, it softens back up.

Dreamer, writer, wife, and mom to little guy baby.gif & my spirit babe candle.gif 

namaste.gif treehugger.gif goorganic.jpg whale.gifdog2.gifcat.gif

#4 of 6 Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 PM

I definitely found my BH much stronger the 2nd time around, as well as coming more frequently and earlier in the pregnancy. I am pregnant for the 3rd time, and so far it has been very similar to pregnancy #2; thankfully they didn't get any stronger!

Happy wife of Mr. Rabbit; proud momma to DS1 (07.07.09), DS2 (02.11.11) and expecting baby #3 01.27.13.

#5 of 6 Old 12-22-2012, 08:31 AM

With my second pregnancy I had them very intensely. By the last 3 weeks or so they came regularly sometimes and were somewhat painful. Went into labor at 39.5 weeks. 

Happily married Christian SAHM of 2 boys, DD1 uc.jpg, and DD2 July 2013 homebirth.jpg 

homeschool.gif   novaxnocirc.gif cd.gif   winner.jpg                                       

#6 of 6 Old 12-22-2012, 05:26 PM

This is my 2nd child and didn't have them with my first, I delivered early because of pre-e and never had contractions. I'm near the end of 35 weeks and last night I ended up at the hospital with BH because I can't go into labor because of my prior classical incision and the risk of hemorraging. They told me I was only 1 cm dilated and dehydrated and to load up on water and sent me home. I have two more weeks to go until my scheduled c-section so I am going to be a water drinking machine!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page